Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eisenstadt0
Level 7

NetFlix + ROKU

I already have a NetFlix DVD account and watch movies on a flat-panel Sony analog TV. Is there an additional charge for watching NetFlix streaming using a ROKU component AV output box?

Thanks in advance for explaining the pricing.

Mike in Austin
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: NetFlix + ROKU

0 Kudos
eisenstadt0
Level 7

That was fast. The out-of-the-can message outlined Netflix options but didn't answer my question so far as I could figure it out. Actually I hae 2 questions. The pricing question is is there a monthly charge for using a ROKU to transmit Netflix streaming movies, in addition to paying one's Netflix account?

My other question is technical. Which model ROKU to buy? My TV is a quality Sony flat-panel analog TV that accepts both composite and component TV input. If any reader here can make a recommendation for a specific ROKU model with component analog TV output, I would very much appreciate it.

TIA

Mike in Austin
0 Kudos

Roku Express Plus is the only current model I know of with analog outputs. No, there is no charge for using a Roku to stream Netflix outside of Netflix fees.
0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Level 9

Scottypie is right. It seems the Express+ is the only model with the old red, yellow, white cabling outputs. And yes you pay the "Netflix streaming fee", which would increase over the DVD standalone fee, but Roku itself does not charge any fees on top of it. It's worth doing tho, as The Roku Channel, while still an upstart, has some pretty decent movies (albeit with commercials). There's a few other fairly decent movie channels, like Sony's Crackle & Tubi. They're not 'great', but you can find a diamond in the rough now & then like an old 80s movie etc. Also there's numerous channels for special interest for certain taste like horror, documentary, just outright bad movies etc.
0 Kudos