Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oceanbreezes
Level 7

NetCom Go

I have a cable providerNetcom Go. It is not listed in the laundry list of cable providers to select. What do I do? Can it be added or do I return this TV and get something that is caompatible? #cableprovider 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DBDukes
Level 15

Re: NetCom Go

What is it you're trying to do? Authorize an app via a cable provider? Such as A&E where it asks for your provider? That kind of thing?

Or are you doing something else?

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
Oceanbreezes
Level 7

thanks for asking.

I was trying to set up my Roku account on my new TV. One of the screens is asking you to link to your cable provider. Mine was not listed so therefore I only have the apps, no cable. I’d like to view my cable channels along with Netflix, Hulu, etc. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

You would view your cable channels via your cable box like you've always done.  You would have to switch the input of the TV to the input the cable box is connected to.

makaiguy
Level 20

When first setting up your ROKU TV, it does ask you to identify your tv provider, if you have one.  I think this just enables the tv to streamline logging into cable-type channels carried by that provider.

Unless there is something screwy with the way NetCom is set up at their end, you should still be able to install channel apps for those that provide streaming options and log into them with your NetCom account. 

The exact process for doing this will vary with how the particular channel chose to set up its app.  On some you'll get a login/sign-in or similarly worded link right on the channel's initial screen.  On others it may not give you the option until you try to view a program.  And on others you may need to hunt for it in menu choices for "account", "settings", "options", etc.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi