Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blinger2008
Level 7

Neflix, Youtube, Prime Video apps will not open. Brand: onn. Roku TV

Whenever I try to load several apps, Netflix, Youtube, Prime video, they do not load at all and just take me back to the home screen. I have tried everything except a factory reset because I was hoping it would have been fixed  by now but I am wondering if anyone is having any of these issues and what resolved it? It's been happening for almost a week now and it's really frustrating. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Neflix, Youtube, Prime Video apps will not open. Brand: onn. Roku TV

Hi @blinger2008,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

If you are unable to play any video from any/multiple channels, there are a few things you can do to help:

• Check the status of the connection to your Roku device by visiting Settings > Network > About.

• The Status will either say “Connected”, or you will see a message that your Roku device is not connected to the internet. If your device is not connected, select Set up connection and follow the on-screen instructions. If you are having trouble, learn what to do if your Roku device cannot connect to your network.

After confirming your Roku device is connected, select Check connection to perform a test of your network and internet connection. For help understanding the results and how they can help troubleshoot playback issues, review the detailed article about the connection check.

If playback issues continue, restart your Roku device and your router*.

• To restart your router, check the instructions from your ISP or router manufacturer. In some cases, you can simply unplug it and plug it back in, and in other cases, it may require pressing a reset button on the device.
    • To restart your Roku TV, go to Settings > System > Power > System restart. You can also unplug your Roku device from the power source and plug it back in.

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Kind regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
tadas
Level 7

Amazon prime is not opening in onn roku tv. Tried the options. Still not working.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@tadas

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
SterlingRachel
Level 7

Should these steps work on a TCL brand Roku TV with my Prime that will not load?

0 Kudos
SterlingRachel
Level 7

Hey, never mind - IT WORKED! I'm back to getting my favorite shows on the big screen!

0 Kudos
tadas
Level 7

I did a system reset and added back the channels. After that it worked.

0 Kudos