Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zelmo
Channel Surfer

Re: Need help, where do I find TBS?

I have tried going to the channel store search and entering watch tbs and tbs, but the search result says that it cannot be found.  That is what is so frustrating because for some reason tbs cannot be found.  I also tried to upload TNT and get the same result (cannot find).  Other apps load so I cannot understand why these two apps cannot be found.  I keep thinking that I am doing some thing wrong, but I cannot figure out what it is.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Zelmo 

You never answered the questions about where you are and if you’re using a VPN. Those are the most common reasons apps don’t appear in the Channel Store as expected.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

0 Kudos
Zelmo
Channel Surfer

I went to the link that you suggested, but to no avail.  I do not have VPN on my modem or router, and my devise VPN is turned off.  I am in Minnesota.  In addition to not being able find the tbs and TNT apps, I can not find ESPN, nor can I find them when going to the channel store on my iPad.  I turned off my wi-fi on my iPad, to confirm that my wi-fi was not the problem, and when going to the channel store through cell service, tbs, TNT, and ESPN still do not show up in the channel store.  I assume that they show up in you guys stores?  ESPN shows up in the video on roku.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Zelmo 

Your hedging indicates you have a VPN of some kind running, although you have made efforts to remove it from the equation. I suspect that's the problem. I suspect you have some VPN related functionality interfering. DNS settings perhaps.

Here's a way to test that.

Turn on the cellular hotspot on your cell phone, without using VPN. Connect your Roku device that way. Check the Channel Store.

Now, if you turn on VPN on the phone, even Google One VPN, you may still encounter a problem. No VPN for this test. Can you connect and then see the apps in the Channel Store?

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

So you’re used in VPN. That is a primary issue just like DB stated. VPN are not necessary for normal Home users. Daily cause issues such as yours. It’s clicking on that lake using a computer does not bring you to the TBS Roku channel store and it’s definitely a VPN issue. Try clicking on the link using your phone not connected to your Wi-Fi

0 Kudos
Zelmo
Channel Surfer

I have an iPad with cellular service.  I also have Norton 360 installed on my devices. I turned off VPN on my devices and turned off the service.  I unplugged my modem and router.  I turned on my iPad as a hotspot and connected the tv and the Roku Ultra to the hotspot.  TBS, TNT, and ESPN still do not appear in channel store searches, either through Roku Ultra or on the website through my iPad.  I cannot think of any other VPN that I can turn off.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Zelmo 

One other thing. When you do a Web search for "what's my ip address and location" what comes up? Is your ISP feeding you through somewhere outside the USA?

Apart from that, I know you've been through a lot of steps, and appear to have done everything reasonable to verify VPN and DNS are not interfering.

The next thing, it seems to me, would be to look at your account. We'll need someone from Roku to do that. @RokuDanny-R , @RokuMary-F , or @RokuKariza-D will have to look at the details of your account. If your account is listed as outside the US by configuration or physical location, you will get the results you're getting. VPNs and some DNS settings can cause that. But, as they appear to have been ruled out, that points back to the account.

Right now, with those mods being tagged, we're awaiting them.

One thing that you could do, but it's some work, would be to tie your Roku to a different account. If a family member can do that -- you'd factory reset the device to do this -- or if you went through the trouble of creating a new Roku account (you need another email address), then you could test if it's something about your account.

Of course, physically taking the Roku to another location (friend or family member's house), particularly one using a different ISP, would rule out ISP issues.

Not sure what else to suggest until Roku mods chime in.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Zelmo
Channel Surfer

You made some good suggestions.  I will try them in the next few days.  Thanks for your assistance.  If they work, I will report; if not, I am tenacious.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

How are you searching on your iPad? Through Safari? Use a laptop. Go into your Roku account. Under your account go to the channel store. From there search “watch tbs”. 723E5C6E-82D1-4A3C-BDB8-5BD1681F126C.jpeg

0 Kudos