Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zelmo
Channel Surfer

Need help, where do I find TBS?

When I go to the Roku channel and search for tbs or watch tbs, the search does not find any results.  How do I upload tbs?  I have Roku Ultra.

0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Need help, where do I find TBS?

@Zelmo

Thanks for the inquiry.

From the Home screen, are you able to search for the TBS channel using the Search feature?

For more information about how to find a channel on the Roku device, visit our Support page here: Discover more with Roku Search

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

TBS is a network channel. In order to view it you can sign up for YouTube TV, Hulu with Live TV or DirecTV Stream 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Zelmo 

The Watch TBS app is in the Roku Channel Store in the USA. It will require authentication against a TV provider. That means a cable TV service, a satellite TV service, or a live streaming service. @Streamer317 listed three of the four services that carry TBS. The other is Sling TV. You would be able to watch via the app for the respective service, or use the Watch TBS app and authenticate against one of the services.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Zelmo
Channel Surfer

I searched from the Home Screen using the search feature, but the result says that tbs cannot be found.

0 Kudos
Zelmo
Channel Surfer

I can use the TBS app with Comcast using Dish as my service provider, but I can not use it through Roku, yet, the Roku site says it should be available.  Why is it unavailable through Roku?

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

If you have Comcast or Dish you already have TBS. If you want to watch just the TBS channel you add it to your Roku. Then log in with your tv provider credentials. Who is your tv provider? You won’t find TBS on the Roku channel. You can add the TBS channel to your Roku.

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/ab578487c25dc624644f6414645ac62d/watch-tbs

0 Kudos
Zelmo
Channel Surfer

I am using it on a tv that is not connected directly to my dish receiver.  I am using dish through my Wi-Fi.  When I go to the TBS app on my iPad, it gives me the choice of connecting to another tv with chrome cast or the one with roku ultra.  When I select roku, it tries to install the tbs app to the tv, but it cannot.  All other apps install and ask for my dish account login which then allows access.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Zelmo 

Using Google Cast actually tells the destination device, your Roku in this instance, to launch the app in question. Google Cast does NOT stream through the mobile device. The mobile device is telling the destination device to launch the app. Most people don't realize this is how Google Cast works for what you're trying to do. It won't work for any device that doesn't have the corresponding app.

The question becomes why doesn't your Roku device support the Watch TBS app.

When I go to Add Channels in my main menu (or Streaming Channels in the left column), then scroll down to Search Channels, I can type TBS and Watch TBS shows in the search results.

You say you don't see that. So, that leads to why that's the case. And I have a couple of questions.

Are you in the USA? Physically in the United States of America?

Are you using a VPN?

The Watch TBS app won't work or even show up in an area where Turner Entertainment Networks doesn't approve Roku offering it.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Streamer317
Roku Guru

@Zelmo  On your Roku go to the channel store. Search for “watch tbs”. Add the channel to your Roku and log in with your Dish credentials. No need to use your iPad. 

0 Kudos