Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hey2019
Level 7

Re: Need Roku information

oh yeah. I got so darn mad at buffering messages while trying to watch movie the other night that I called service rep and asked him probably 100,questions and write down everything. So yeah i now know how to log into router, change passwords, change channels, see lists of all devices connevted to our Wi-Fi and fee other things. Honestly, I don't have the time with 2 small boys or patience really to be always changing and finding best channels. Im just going to try relocating the modem and Wi-Fi tower to my room and give it a but to see if that helps my rooms connection and also doesn't change connection throughout the house also. I cant let moving it all change the kind of connections that all our devices have throughout the house so If that doesn't work ill move it back and upgrade to a roku with a Damn cable port on it lol ...
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"Hey2019" wrote:
That's what I,mean, I said 5G,and 2G but i meant GHz. I can't keep up with all the abbreviations with todays technology that i have a hard time understanding anyway lol.  So what do you think I should try to do next then? Since the 1st day we moved in here the cell phone reception was awful. I couldn't talk and,move one way without cutting,out or if weather outside is extreme then reception in here is worse. I talked with Verizon about that as well. Said older homes with a lot if different wires running through walls can have reception issues. So theres always been some sort of connection blocking weather it is cell or Wi-Fi. Something about this house I guess. I had Verizon semd someone to my area to do a check and if it was found that the area I luved in just had bad reception then the I wpuld just give me a signal booster but if issue was in house then their signal booster was like $400 at that time. Of course they found no issue in my local area. Ive just kind of learned to deal with that and watch out dead drop areas of our house. Phine has a 4G signal in house but right outside its a 5G

Since 2.4 GHz WiFi is your only option with the Roku Express, I'd exhaust all possibilities with that first.

As asked earlier, are you able to log on to your router? That is, call up your router settings in a Web browser?

EDIT: I missed your last response, sorry. Since you are able to log in to your router, if you've tried channel 1, 6, and 11, and none resolved it, then, yeah, you've done about all you can do. By the way, this isn't something you should have to do constantly. Once you change the settings to one that resolves it, that should be good enough. But, from what i'm reading, you've tried all of those channels and none resolved it. There's not much more that can be done at this time.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
Hey2019
Level 7

All together we have we have xbox one x and Xbox one ( both Ethernet cables ) 2 tablets, 3 smart phones that's a,normal day. Sometimes maybe another couple phones. Should we be turning Wi-Fi off when those devices arent being used? You think that would help ? Check this out; last mth.y my phone did that switching bk and forth so much that most times it just sidnt connected at all to either a,d started using my phones data. There we're several times that I disnt even,notice,but we went over,our mthly allowance for our phone and bill was outrageous. Thats why this issue is bothering me so,much. I mean not only do we pay outrageous for Wi-Fi our phone bill is even,higher then to pay for wifi that my ohone coukdnt use at times, that was crazy hetic. Paying extra for piss poor serivce thatseant to save money on another service we have. There wasn't nothing that neither providers would do to make it right either. Ughhhh
0 Kudos
Hey2019
Level 7

How much would you say that older model roku is worth now days of i wanted to just sell it? I think that when,we bought it, yhe roku had just came out and,we paid like $50 for it. Only used it for a mth or so now. Do you think that someone would actually be interested in buying it? I mean is it worth posting for sale you think.?
0 Kudos
Hey2019
Level 7

The Roku stick thing that you,mentioned, is it all similar set up the same ways? I mean like with how main menu screen and things are? And that hooks up with HDMI port on tv right? How can it be,changed,from the 2 to 5. We've had regular cable for so long, just recently we let cable go to give youtube tv a try and I like it. Its cheaper then cable and offers a lot more movie channels but since doing so ive gotta keep some sort of streaming device hooked to my tv so that i can watch it.
My roommate and my son took the big nice smart 4k tv's to get the most out of their Xboxes. So my tv is a bigger flat screen but no longer a smart TV. I dont mind though. As long as I have some sort of television. We use Netflix, Amazon Prime movies and then the youtube tv on all tvs anyways.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"Hey2019" wrote:
How much would you say that older model roku is worth now days of i wanted to just sell it? I think that when,we bought it, yhe roku had just came out and,we paid like $50 for it. Only used it for a mth or so now. Do you think that someone would actually be interested in buying it? I mean is it worth posting for sale you think.?

A new Roku Express (model 3900) which has the same processor as the Ultra, sells brand new for $30. It's unlikely anyone would pay that for an older model.
Basil
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Basil
Level 10

"Hey2019" wrote:
The Roku stick thing that you,mentioned, is it all similar set up the same ways?  I mean like with how main menu screen and things are? And that hooks up with HDMI port on tv right? How can it be,changed,from the 2 to 5.  We've had regular cable for so long, just recently we let cable go to give youtube tv a try and I like it. Its cheaper then cable and offers a lot more movie channels but since doing so ive gotta keep some sort of streaming device hooked to my tv so that i can watch it.

My roommate and my son took the big nice smart 4k tv's to get the most out of their Xboxes. So my tv is a bigger flat screen but no longer a smart TV. I dont mind though. As long as I have some sort of television. We use Netflix, Amazon Prime movies and then the youtube tv on all tvs anyways.

All Roku Sticks and boxes (Express, Express+, Premiere, Premiere+, Stick, Stick+, Ultra) all have the same software (slightly different build, but they're basically the same) and run the same interface. They all connect via HDMI. The Express+ also has the ability to connect via composite (think the old TVs with a yellow video input, and red/white audio inputs, like you connected a VCR or older DVD player).

When you connect via WiFi, you pick the network you want. Usually, the 2.4 GHz network and the 5 GHz network have different names (not always). If you have a device that supports 5 GHz (Stick, Stick+, Ultra) then simply pick that one when setting it up. That is, provided your router is transmitting a 5 GHz network signal. You control that through your router menu you logged into earlier. Once set up, it's set up.
Basil
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
0 Kudos
Hey2019
Level 7

You have been such a great help. Ive enjpyed talking about this with you and ive picked up helpful tips as well. I was hoping that when I created an account and posted my questions that I would get at least one intelligent response. Never thought we would continue to chat but it's been fun. Lol... Your very informative and know your stuff... Do you work in some sort of technology field?
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"Hey2019" wrote:
You have been such a great help. Ive enjpyed talking about this with you and ive picked up helpful tips as well. I was hoping that when I created an account and posted my questions that I would get at least one intelligent response. Never thought we would continue to chat but it's been fun. Lol... Your very informative and know your stuff... Do you work in some sort of technology field?

Most of us here are just users such as yourself. We've just been doing it a bit longer. You'll find many users on this forum that will be able to help with almost any issue. Others may come along to this thread and offer some help that I haven't thought of. You're in the right place for help.
Basil
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
0 Kudos
Hey2019
Level 7

Wonder Why is it impossible to contact Roku support and talk to live representative. That doesn't look very good for the company ... Ive thought about leaving a review. When I called the support line the automatic message said that a live rep cant help with that, and check out tutorials on line instead. It didnt matter which option i choose from the menu. So Then I watched tutorials that stated in description below that video included my exact issue but those videos never said anything in least bit towards what I was wondering. But you helped me with a lot of helpful information. I won't buy from company's that dont have their customers best interest at heart. Ive had my run ins with a few shady smaller businesses already so
0 Kudos