Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdflysurf
Level 7

Nasa TV UHD - live stream "Video Error - malformed data - Press * to dismiss"

0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Nasa TV UHD - live stream "Video Error - malformed data - Press * to dismiss"

I wasn't aware that NASA had a UHD channel, so I just added it. On my Ultra I encountered the same error you mention, both during the live stream and selected videos. The Ultra is connected to a Samsung NU7100 UHD/HDR TV. 

I also tested the channel on my Premiere. This Roku is connected to a 1080p HD TV, not UHD. When the channel asked if the TV supported HDR, I said no. The channel is working perfectly on this box. 

I then went back to the Ultra, this time saying no to HDR support. I still encountered the same error. Most likely there's an issue with the channel at 4K resolution. Someone will have to contact NASA, or whomever created and supports this channel. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Nasa TV UHD - live stream "Video Error - malformed data - Press * to dismiss"

Hi,

For more help with your issue, please see our Tips for Creating a Help or Support Topic in the Community. Including important details in your issue report helps us better understand the specific issue you are reporting.

Is NASA TV UHD the only channel that you observe this issue with? It's possible there may be an issue within the channel itself that the service provider will need to investigate.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jillcraig
Level 7

Thanks for your answer. It helped me a lot. 

short life

0 Kudos