Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kalajah
Level 7

NYRA APP NOT ACCESSIBLE DUE TO LOG IN CREDENTIALS

My husband likes to watch his horse races and ROKU offers the NYRA app, although he cannot log onto the app. Is it because our ROKU account is in my name and the NYRA account account is in his name? I have no intentions on getting a horse racing account if that is what ROKU is thinking about, so come up with something.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: NYRA APP NOT ACCESSIBLE DUE TO LOG IN CREDENTIALS

I'm not familiar with that channel/app, but it shouldn't have anything to do with your Roku account vs. his NYRA account.  What exactly happens when he tries to log in?  Have you tried contacting NYRA?  They would be the best ones to handle login issues as they developed the channel/app.  Roku doesn't "offer" it, they just provide the platform for developers to create channels/apps.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Kalajah
Level 7

The NYRA APP:

Username: xxxxxx is able to fill in fine

Password: ******** has highlighted asterisks which won't change when you put in your own credentials. You hit OK and it takes you back to the beginning to put in your username again.

He contacted NYRA and they have nothing to do with the ROKU part of it.

0 Kudos
renojim

Can you backspace over those asterisks?  There should be "button" on the onscreen keyboard that's a backspace or delete.

If NYRA is trying to imply that Roku made the channel/app then they're lying and/or just trying to pass the buck.

0 Kudos
Kalajah
Level 7

Cannot backspace or delete. 
The app tells you to go to the nyra.com site to get account. That’s the problem because my husbands account won’t go in. I think they want the ROKU account holder which is me to have the account, which is against my principles to have the racing account. So I guess my husband can’t watch the races. And you know it’s impossible to talk to the ROKU people!

0 Kudos
renojim

I'm not making apologies for Roku support but they would just give you the canned answer that "channels are developed by third parties and they're the best ones to give you support", blah, blah, blah.

I'm confused.  Now you're saying you can't log into your husband's account on the NYRA website?  That would really, really have nothing to do with Roku.  Maybe your husband should try to create a new account with a different email address.  It looks like they're free to set up.

0 Kudos
Kalajah
Level 7

No, I never said that. I’m giving up. I went out and bought him a new laptop to watch the races. 
If anyone still has a sufficient resolution to my issue, I’d like to know, however, futile conversation is taking its toll. 

0 Kudos