Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Catterwall
Level 7

NPR Video News Live Stream

I know that you can stream last night's news, but is there a way to stream tonight's news live through Roku? (Looking for Video, not audio stream)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: NPR Video News Live Stream

The Roku Channel offers live news. Not certain which ones you're looking for, but they have several. Oh yeah, you said NPR. I think it's there, but can't say for sure. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
socantra
Level 7

NPR stands for National Public Radio. Their Evening News is Titled "All Things Considered". As far as I know, there is no video stream; only  audio. Do you mean the PBS News Hour, which airs on your local Public TV station?
Please attempt to maintain a thin veneer of civility.
Remember, you are speaking to strangers on the internet,
not your own family at home.
0 Kudos
blade_005
Level 10

"Catterwall" wrote:
I know that you can stream last night's news, but is there a way to stream tonight's news live through Roku? (Looking for Video, not audio stream)

If as a previous post stated you were asking about the PBS NewHour, you can get the stream of the nightly newscast via the YouTube app on the Roku. The 6 PM Eastern feed is streamed on the PBS NewsHour channel on YouTube nightly. You can catch it live based on where you are located relative to 6 PM Eastern time. I am in the Central Time Zone, so I can catch the live feed at 5 PM nightly. Convenient since the local OTA PBS channel does not broadcast until 6 PM Central time.
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SmartCast SB3651‑E6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)
0 Kudos