Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NO SEARCH BUTTON CANT ADD CHANNELS

Jump to solution

I bought ROKU in the USA. 

Open it and created account in Latin America (Ecuador) I am going to use it there (Ecuador). 

Cant add DISNEY +, HBO, STAR + ETC. I There is NO SEARCH BUTTON. 

Disney +, HBO, STAR+ ALL ARE AVAILABLE in Ecuador. and is supported by the ROKU app, I know ROKUS in Latin America that added no problem. 

There needs to be a solution and NOT the same reply about it is fault of the channels that need to develop the app for ROKU. I REPEAT I KNOW ROKUS here in LATAM that work and have been able to add the channels I want and have the search button is from them i heard about ROKU and I didn't bought firestick or chrome. THERE NEEDS TO BE A SOLUTION OR ROKU HELP FOR THIS. 

Not the same response I been reading. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: NO SEARCH BUTTON CANT ADD CHANNELS

Jump to solution

Roku is supported in the following countries:

• United States
  • Canada
  • France
  • United Kingdom
  • Germany
  • Argentina
  • Brazil
  • Chile
  • Colombia
  • Costa Rica
  • El Salvador
  • Guatemala
  • Honduras
  • Mexico
  • Nicaragua
  • Panama
  • Peru

That's where Roku sells and supports their devices. That's it. That's the complete list.

Other third parties may decide to re-sell Roku devices in other countries, but Roku doesn't support them.

Many app developers choose to not support their app/service via Roku in a location that Roku itself doesn't support. Some don't care and assume all support for those area. The ones you're using limit function to supported areas.

Roku is solely responsible for the Search functionality being available. It's not available in some supported regions for reasons I don't know, but it's also not available in unsupported regions.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes

Jump to solution

Roku is supported in the following countries:

• United States
  • Canada
  • France
  • United Kingdom
  • Germany
  • Argentina
  • Brazil
  • Chile
  • Colombia
  • Costa Rica
  • El Salvador
  • Guatemala
  • Honduras
  • Mexico
  • Nicaragua
  • Panama
  • Peru

That's where Roku sells and supports their devices. That's it. That's the complete list.

Other third parties may decide to re-sell Roku devices in other countries, but Roku doesn't support them.

Many app developers choose to not support their app/service via Roku in a location that Roku itself doesn't support. Some don't care and assume all support for those area. The ones you're using limit function to supported areas.

Roku is solely responsible for the Search functionality being available. It's not available in some supported regions for reasons I don't know, but it's also not available in unsupported regions.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

makaiguy

Jump to solution

@Anonymous wrote:

I bought ROKU in the USA. 

Open it and created account in Latin America (Ecuador) I am going to use it there (Ecuador). 

There is NO SEARCH BUTTON

The Search function on the Roku home screen menu is available in the following countries:

In English:
  Canada
  Ireland
  United Kingdom
  United States

In Spanish:
  Mexico
  United States

Where it is available, search works for those streaming services that submit information about their programming to Roku. Accuracy and maintenance of the data is the responsibility of the channel providers. Roku lists services providing this information on this page: https://support.roku.com/article/235044948

Source document: https://support.roku.com/article/208756398

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X