Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jazric11
Level 7

NHL stuck on load screen at commercial breaks

NHL TV continuously gets stuck at commercial break screen in game, load bar comes up and does nothing.  It doesn't do it on the commercial screen at the period breaks but gets stuck after the talking heads during the break.  It doesn't freeze the controls so I am able to go back to the dashboard.  The only way I can make it work is to remember how many minutes, start from beginning and fast forward past the commercial stop.  If I use the resume feature it just gets stuck on the blue bar at about 1/4 full.  I have to go back to beginning or it won't work.  You can't fast forward past the commercial you have to go back to the beginning and fast forward to the spot you want otherwise it invokes the empty load bar that just sits there.

I'm using the Roku Ultra.  This wasn't a problem at the beginning of the season but now does it for every game.  I have restarted the Roku including deleting the app, restarting the Roku and reinstalling NHL.  Is there a way to revert builds to see if the recent build is the cause?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
agentanthony
Level 7

Re: NHL stuck on load screen at commercial breaks

I'm having the same exact issue. I wasn't sure if it was a network issue, but my connection is very fast and I am also using a ROKU ULTRA. 
It's very frustrating and now I am kicking myself for getting rid of my Apple TV. 
0 Kudos
agentanthony
Level 7

Re: NHL stuck on load screen at commercial breaks

I think I found a fix. I changed my video quality from 4K to Auto and so far so good. It's been two games with no issues. I'll post if it comes back.
0 Kudos