Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amy1333
Level 7

NHL TV App - “unable to load team data”

Hi there. Anyone having issues with NHL TV app? Getting the error “unable to load team data”. I deleted the channel, reinstalled, reset and then reinstalled. I was able to log back in and it works until you exit out to Home Screen and when you try to go back in you return to the “unable to load team data” 

This is a roku issue as the app works on Apple devices. This is unfortunate as I seem to have mistakenly bought a Roku product instead of an Apple. #frustrated#customer

Tags (1)
16 REPLIES 16\
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: NHL TV App - “unable to load team data”

Hi @Amy1333,

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are having an issue with the NHL.TV channel.

Just for clarification, have you followed the steps accordingly by restarting your Roku device after removing the channel from the Roku home screen and before adding the channel back? If yes, this is a good indication that there likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to that channel publisher directly to share your feedback. 

Many thanks,
Mary

Spencer92
Level 7

I have the same issue, started yesterday. 

0 Kudos
Kaboominator
Level 8

I also have the same issue. It started about 3 days ago. Please fix NHL....

0 Kudos
Bergy
Level 7

I also havé the same issue. It’s wormiens on my iPad but not on my Roku. I bought à Roku specially to watch hockey thru NHL app

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Kaboominator wrote:

I also have the same issue. It started about 3 days ago. Please fix NHL....

@Bergy wrote:

I also havé the same issue. It’s wormiens on my iPad but not on my Roku. I bought à Roku specially to watch hockey thru NHL app

As @RokuMary-F said, Roku doesn't make the apps. Roku can't fix the apps they didn't make. Just like Amazon doesn't make the Fire TV apps, and Apple doesn't make the Apple TV apps. If there's a problem with an app, you should so as she said and reach out to the developer, NHL Interactive Cyberenterprises, LLC. https://channelstore.roku.com/details/40643d6eebb09b62e8830323c917fc33/nhl 

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Stringer99
Level 7

I have the same problem,so does my friend. Does anyone have a solution?? Who exactly can we write to? Playoff season is coming and this is a real bummer!

0 Kudos
Kaboominator
Level 8

Annoying AF!  Only way i have been able to watch the Bruins:

1. Remove channel

2. Restart Roku

3. Re add NHL channel

4. Sign in

If u leave the nhl channel, you will get the "unable to load team data" error and it boots you to roku home screen.

Id like some social media (Twitter) contacts to post about it. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Kaboominator,

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly and only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue to help resolve it.

You can reach NHL TV support here: https://www.nhl.com/info/nhltv-support

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Mavezee
Level 8

Same issue here. I sent a text to NHL.tv support they said remove app, check for Roku system updates then restart Roku system , then reload NHL app. THIS DID NOT WORK. So I sent a very detailed text to NHL.tv support again I am waiting for their reply. Still no team data at this time.

0 Kudos