Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaboominator
Level 8

Re: NHL TV App - “unable to load team data”

Yea, its NHL saying its roku and then roku says its the app.  Its not Roku, everything else works fine.

You can at least watch a game if you go through steps i posted above. It sucks having to go through that to load a service i paid money for. 

I hide scores in settings, then go to scores and watch my game. If i clicked on Teams, it would produce the error and id have to start process over.

I think im gonna ask for a refund for this months service from NHL.tv.  i would assume roku is a major format where the nhl app is consumed. Fix your freaking channel/app. NHL.TV

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Mavezee
Level 8

Update: NHL.tv said I had to contact Rogers NHL live. I got hold of IT group at Rogers. They took the info I provided and said they would look into it and get back to me. I gave them the build number and version for both Roku and NHL app. That was Sunday May 9/2021. Still waiting. Ugh!!! 

Kaboominator
Level 8

Please keep us updated.  I thought Roku with NHL was my new go to. Guess not.  Cant win. Using chromecast with nhl.tv app on android just skips and freezes constantly. Roku nhl worked so good before this stupid unable to load team data issue. Put out a patch. Come on. Stand by your product and support it in a timely manner.  

Amy1333
Level 7

I was also told to contact Rogers. Which I did in a live chat. I was told that there’s nothing wrong on their end and that it’s a Roku issue as their product works on all other devices. This is brutal. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Amy1333 wrote:

I was also told to contact Rogers. Which I did in a live chat. I was told that there’s nothing wrong on their end and that it’s a Roku issue as their product works on all other devices. This is brutal. 

A "Roku issue" would be the app, which is made by NHL. Actually by NHL Interactive Cyberenterprises, LLC. https://channelstore.roku.com/details/40643d6eebb09b62e8830323c917fc33/nhl

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Mavezee
Level 8

Update 2: team data loaded today. Everything seems to be working properly for me. A number of us had contacted NHL, Rogers, etc. I never did hear back from Rogers after my initial chat but they must have done something. Yeehaw!!

0 Kudos
Kaboominator
Level 8

Wow!  It works! Thanks for the update!