Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaBronx
Level 7

NHL.TV 2017-2018 on Roku devices

Passing along this email I received from NHL.com about the upcoming season and auto-renewal. A heads up to anyone who bought one of the discounted in season packages last year you will be charged the full season price (139.95) unless you cancel by the date in the email. I'm looking forward to the season. A real puckhead and hard core NY Ranger fan here. Last season the NHL.TV channel on the Roku devices was wonderful and very stable, dependable.   --brett

----

Dear NHL.TV™ subscriber,

NHL.TV™ is back for the 2017-2018 season!

We are pleased to notify you of the annual automatic renewal of your subscription to the NHL.TV™ All Access Yearly Package, priced at USD $139.96 for the entire season. Watch out-of-market regular season games, PLUS select Preseason games online or on the website and on your favorite supported smartphones, tablets and connected devices. (See full schedule)

The regular season starts October 4, 2017, and for a second year your subscription also includes access to select Preseason games. The Preseason starts September 16, 2017.

New NHL.TV™ Features

  • Team pages on connected devices (Apple TV, PlayStation, Xbox One)

  • Enhanced video section on connected devices

  • Live DVR on Mobile (iOS & Android)

NHL® App included with your NHL.TV™ subscription*

  • NEW: Live DVR - Pause and rewind live games

  • Customize the NHL® App home screen to feature your designated favorite team in iOS

  • Watch the Free Games of the Week

  • 60fps (frames per second) HD streaming for live video (Supported iPhones and iPads only; available for Free Games of the Week or NHL.TV™ subscribers)

  • Multitasking and Picture-in-Picture capabilities (supported iPads only)

  • See full list of features

2017-2018 NHL.TV™ Regular Season Features

  • Watch either the home or away team’s broadcast

  • HD Quality

  • Watch games on your favorite devices (See full list of supported devices)

  • On-demand replays

  • Follow the action from multiple games at once with Mosaic® view and picture-in-picture

  • Access to live stats and play by play from the NHL GameCenter™

* Simply download the free NHL® App to your supported smartphone or tablet and log in with your NHL.TV™ account to access live and on-demand hockey. The new NHL® App will be available for download on September 26, 2017.

There is no action required for you to continue your current subscription.

Unless you cancel your subscription as of September 14, 2017, the payment card you have on file with us will be charged USD $139.96 on or about September 15, 2017. Each year, your subscription will automatically renew at the then-current season’s regular full yearly price.

Please note additional taxes, such as sales taxes or value-added taxes, may apply in certain jurisdictions. For example, sales taxes will be charged in NE and TX, and VAT taxes will be charged in European Union countries. Please contact the applicable taxation authority for details. To ensure uninterrupted access to your NHL.TV™ subscription, in the event that we are unable to process charges to your primary payment card we will charge the alternate card(s) saved in the Payment Profile section of your NHL.TV™ account. You can change your primary credit or debit card by adding a payment card here. Subscribers who purchase using a Discover card are eligible to receive a 10% discount off of the renewal price for 2017-2018. To receive this discount, you must have a Discover card on file as your primary payment card with us no later than 11:59PM ET on September 14, 2017.

By renewing your subscription to NHL.TV™ and/or using our Services, you hereby acknowledge that your use of the Services is governed by the NHL.com Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, and you agree to be bound by the terms thereof.

Please read our FAQ and Terms of Service for any questions about NHL.TV™, this renewal notice, or the teams you can watch within your local viewing area.

To cancel or alter your participation in this automatic renewal program, call Customer Support at click here. Your payment card will not be charged if you cancel before 11:59PM ET on September 14, 2017.

Enjoy the season.

Sincerely,
NHL.TV
55" Insignia-Roku 4K TV, 40" Hisense Roku TV, Roku2 XS #13A164000326, R3 #1GJ36A038993, R4 wired to Netgear WND 3700 router, 300 mb TWC broadband (Subscriber- 2019 MLB.TV Premium, 2018-19 NHL.TV, Hulu+, Netflix, Amazon Prime)
0 Kudos
22 Replies
DaBronx
Level 7

Re: NHL.TV 2017-2018 on Roku devices

My credit card got hit for the renewal today so it looks like I'm all in for the 2017-2018 NHL.TV season on my Roku TV. (and Roku 4, Roku 3, and the list like the beat goes on ...........)

Pre season games start airing this weekend. Rangers - Islanders on Monday night on MSG.

Go Rangers!

--brett
55" Insignia-Roku 4K TV, 40" Hisense Roku TV, Roku2 XS #13A164000326, R3 #1GJ36A038993, R4 wired to Netgear WND 3700 router, 300 mb TWC broadband (Subscriber- 2019 MLB.TV Premium, 2018-19 NHL.TV, Hulu+, Netflix, Amazon Prime)
0 Kudos
bvd1022
Level 9

Re: NHL.TV 2017-2018 on Roku devices

"DaBronx" wrote:
Passing along this email I received from NHL.com about the upcoming season and auto-renewal. A heads up to anyone who bought one of the discounted in season packages last year you will be charged the full season price (139.95) unless you cancel by the date in the email. I'm looking forward to the season. A real puckhead and hard core NY Ranger fan here. Last season the NHL.TV channel on the Roku devices was wonderful and very stable, dependable.   --brett

----

Dear NHL.TV™ subscriber,

NHL.TV™ is back for the 2017-2018 season!

We are pleased to notify you of the annual automatic renewal of your subscription to the NHL.TV™ All Access Yearly Package, priced at USD $139.96 for the entire season. Watch out-of-market regular season games, PLUS select Preseason games online or on the website and on your favorite supported smartphones, tablets and connected devices. (See full schedule)

The regular season starts October 4, 2017, and for a second year your subscription also includes access to select Preseason games. The Preseason starts September 16, 2017.

New NHL.TV™ Features

  • Team pages on connected devices (Apple TV, PlayStation, Xbox One)

  • Enhanced video section on connected devices

  • Live DVR on Mobile (iOS & Android)

NHL® App included with your NHL.TV™ subscription*

  • NEW: Live DVR - Pause and rewind live games

  • Customize the NHL® App home screen to feature your designated favorite team in iOS

  • Watch the Free Games of the Week

  • 60fps (frames per second) HD streaming for live video (Supported iPhones and iPads only; available for Free Games of the Week or NHL.TV™ subscribers)

  • Multitasking and Picture-in-Picture capabilities (supported iPads only)

  • See full list of features

2017-2018 NHL.TV™ Regular Season Features

  • Watch either the home or away team’s broadcast

  • HD Quality

  • Watch games on your favorite devices (See full list of supported devices)

  • On-demand replays

  • Follow the action from multiple games at once with Mosaic® view and picture-in-picture

  • Access to live stats and play by play from the NHL GameCenter™

* Simply download the free NHL® App to your supported smartphone or tablet and log in with your NHL.TV™ account to access live and on-demand hockey. The new NHL® App will be available for download on September 26, 2017.

There is no action required for you to continue your current subscription.

Unless you cancel your subscription as of September 14, 2017, the payment card you have on file with us will be charged USD $139.96 on or about September 15, 2017. Each year, your subscription will automatically renew at the then-current season’s regular full yearly price.

Please note additional taxes, such as sales taxes or value-added taxes, may apply in certain jurisdictions. For example, sales taxes will be charged in NE and TX, and VAT taxes will be charged in European Union countries. Please contact the applicable taxation authority for details. To ensure uninterrupted access to your NHL.TV™ subscription, in the event that we are unable to process charges to your primary payment card we will charge the alternate card(s) saved in the Payment Profile section of your NHL.TV™ account. You can change your primary credit or debit card by adding a payment card here. Subscribers who purchase using a Discover card are eligible to receive a 10% discount off of the renewal price for 2017-2018. To receive this discount, you must have a Discover card on file as your primary payment card with us no later than 11:59PM ET on September 14, 2017.

By renewing your subscription to NHL.TV™ and/or using our Services, you hereby acknowledge that your use of the Services is governed by the NHL.com Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, and you agree to be bound by the terms thereof.

Please read our FAQ and Terms of Service for any questions about NHL.TV™, this renewal notice, or the teams you can watch within your local viewing area.

To cancel or alter your participation in this automatic renewal program, call Customer Support at click here. Your payment card will not be charged if you cancel before 11:59PM ET on September 14, 2017.

Enjoy the season.

Sincerely,
NHL.TV

Received the same email last week before having to deal with Hurricane Irma, I'm locked in for the season looking forward to it. Fellow Ranger fan here, but I root for everything NY.  
0 Kudos
DaBronx
Level 7

Re: NHL.TV 2017-2018 on Roku devices

Streams for the NHL.TV pre-season games have been stable on Roku so far. Looking forward to the regular season opener.

--brett
55" Insignia-Roku 4K TV, 40" Hisense Roku TV, Roku2 XS #13A164000326, R3 #1GJ36A038993, R4 wired to Netgear WND 3700 router, 300 mb TWC broadband (Subscriber- 2019 MLB.TV Premium, 2018-19 NHL.TV, Hulu+, Netflix, Amazon Prime)
0 Kudos
bvd1022
Level 9

Re: NHL.TV 2017-2018 on Roku devices

"DaBronx" wrote:
Streams for the NHL.TV pre-season games have been stable on Roku so far. Looking forward to the regular season opener.

--brett

Briefly saw one of the games that were being played in Los Angeles last weekend, but didn't watch much of it. In my defense, I had just gotten back from evacuating for hurricane Irma so I was exhausted and didn't watch much of anything once I got back. Hopefully, will be able to catch some of the Rangers preseason before the opener. 
0 Kudos
mruab
Level 7

Re: NHL.TV 2017-2018 on Roku devices

 Hey Roku, please add NHL Network so I can see games, highlights and get the latest NHL news
0 Kudos

Re: NHL.TV 2017-2018 on Roku devices

"mruab" wrote:
 Hey Roku, please add NHL Network so I can see games, highlights and get the latest NHL news

You're barking up the wrong streaming tree. You should make your plea with NHL Network.
0 Kudos
bvd1022
Level 9

Re: NHL.TV 2017-2018 on Roku devices

"mruab" wrote:
"scottypie1234" wrote:
"mruab" wrote:
Hey Roku, please add NHL Network so I can see games, highlights and get the latest NHL news

You're barking up the wrong streaming tree. You should make your plea with NHL Network.

mruab: Hey Roku, please add NHL Network so I can see games, highlights and get the latest NHL news

I think you would get further by contacting the NHL directly. I do wonder why MLB and the NHL haven't added a channel/app to streaming devices that would include each's respective cable/satellite network as something similar to the cable apps that are available on devices that require accounts with participating TV providers in order to access, but I think the answer to that boils down to contracts with those said providers.  The TV landscape is changing so I think it is only a matter of time before each adds their networks to the OTT realm. The only question is when it will happen. 
0 Kudos
steelersrule
Level 7

Re: NHL.TV 2017-2018 on Roku devices

"bvd1022" wrote:

Received the same email last week before having to deal with Hurricane Irma, I'm locked in for the season looking forward to it. Fellow Ranger fan here, but I root for everything NY.  

bvd1022,

Being a NYR fan at near Pittsburgh, I was wondering since you live in FL are the NYR "BLACKED OUT" a lot on NHL.TV down there?

This is the one thing that keeps me from ever ordering NHL.TV because I feel their blackout rules are "a joke." They consider games played on NHL.TV, and NBCSN as "Nationally Televised Games" which is ridiculous.  A national televised game means a game shown OTA on NBC/CBS/ABC/FOX IMHO.  So if you can get it with an antenna, THEN it is an OTA.

But not according to the NHL(or NFL for that matter when it comes to ESPN MNF).  In either of those scenarios you need CABLE, and with NHL Network and NBCSN, you usually need DIGITAL Upper Tier cable.  Trying to "SHAVE THE CORD" as much as possible, to save money.

Anyway, with NYR being one of "the original 6", they are shown on TV a lot.  They have fans all over the country.  

But I read/saw a disturbing fact about NHL.TV a couple of years ago, and maybe their "stance" has changed since then.  But the NYR were the 3rd most "BLACKED OUT" team on NHL.TV behind, I "think", PITTSBURGH and DETROIT.  The NHL blacked out 33 of 82 regular season games to NHL.TV package owners.  That is 1/3 of the games during the regular season!!!  That is garbage.

For someone like DaBronx, that would make sense since he lives in the NYC area.  Like it would make sense for me that PITSSBURGH games are blacked out because I live in their local TV area.  That I get.

But I wondering what you experience down in FLORIDA with NYR games?  Are they blacked out THAT MUCH, even now?!  That is what keeps me from ever ordering the package, team or the whole thing from the NHL.  They have got to get their blackout rules fixed/adjusted.  Especially for people who WANT to buy/pay for the right to watch "out of market team games".

MLB.TV suffered with this problem a few years ago, and to their credit, they actually LISTENED to their fan base.  Used to be games on FOX OTA were BLACKED OUT, whether or not you lived in the area where one of the teams playing that day/night were shown on your local OTA FOX station. This, in turn, angered a lot of people paying for MLB.TV, so people spoke up, and complained.  MLB listened, and changed it.  This is why, IMHO, it is THE BEST sports app out there.  By a ton IMHO.

So what is the deal with blackouts with NYR last year when you watched.  If it is still A LOT of games, I will not be buying in.  I hope the NHL hears this.  The one "silver bullet" I have is to simply not fork over any money to them.  Only way I can get their attention.


0 Kudos
steelersrule
Level 7

Re: NHL.TV 2017-2018 on Roku devices

Sadly, I think I found my answer online.  Shame.  But this will keep me from signing up for NHL.TV.  NYR were blacked out a total of 29 times.  Unless that means they were on OTA NBC 29 times, then I will be fine with it.  But if it includes NHL Network and NBCSN games as well, that is garbage.

I will find out more, but the NHL needs to fix it's blackout rules.  Here is a link to the number of blackouts for each team last year.  So basicaly, if you are a fan of a good/playoff team, NHL.TV is DEFINITELY not worth it.  Not even a little.  Shame:

https://subscribe.nhl.com/blackouts

And here is an article from last year that shows the NHL just does not get it.  Not even a little:

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20160 ... outs.shtml

Shame
0 Kudos