Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acataleptic
Level 7

NFL playoffs CBS Sports app

I am writing because I cannot figure out whether the CBS Sports app will be streaming the Steelers/Patriots NFL playoff game on 1/22/17. Does anybody know? Is there some special thing I have to pay for in order to get the game?
Thanks!
0 Kudos
8 Replies
trekkeriii
Level 10

Re: NFL playoffs CBS Sports app

I just read that you need the CBS All Access application for Streaming the game. I am guessing they don't want to take away from the local affiliate market advertising and since technically with CBS All Access you are streaming your local CBS station.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
acataleptic
Level 7

trekkeriii, thank you! if it's not too much trouble, can you please post a link to the site where you read that?
0 Kudos
trekkeriii
Level 10

CBS itself made a big deal in announcing they got the rights to stream NFL games on their All Access package. Google it, you'll see it. CBS is really trying to get people on its All Access subscription. So, I imagine the free CBSSports games are a thing of the past.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
bvd1022
Level 9

"acataleptic" wrote:
I am writing because I cannot figure out whether the CBS Sports app will be streaming the Steelers/Patriots NFL playoff game on 1/22/17. Does anybody know? Is there some special thing I have to pay for in order to get the game?
Thanks!

I watched the entire NFL post-season last year on my Roku and Fire TV. I would assume given that CBS AA is now available nationwide (Local feeds) that it would air on CBS AA, but last year some of the playoff games and the super bowl were streamed on the sports app and Fox announced this week that they will be streaming the super bowl free on one of their apps so you should be able to access the rest of the playoffs and super bowl via OTT devices one way or another if you wish.
0 Kudos
acataleptic
Level 7

Thanks everyone!
0 Kudos
kgren32536
Level 7

I am still confused. is there a way to watch nfl football games on roku.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"kgren32536" wrote:

That's why Roku strongly suggests not reopening a thread that's over six months old. This one has been inactive nearly two years. Stuff changes. I don't really have an answer, as I don't care to watch NFL football. However, others might, on a newer thread. Usually, before the playoffs, someone will post how to watch them, or post that they can't find out how. Look for a newer thread. Or start one.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
bvd1022
Level 9

"kgren32536" wrote:

Yes, you can. I stream a lot of NFL games on my Roku devices. CBS, Fox, and ESPN all stream NFL games as well as college and will be streaming the new pro leagues in 2019 and 2020. Hope I helped clear up any confusion.
0 Kudos