Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

NFL Sunday ticket app says needs updating

My Sunday ticket app says needs updating (it doesn’t) but won’t let me update.  I’ve tried deleting app and reinstalling and also unplugging.  I have a Roku 3.

18 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: NFL Sunday ticket app says needs updating

I'm experiencing the exact same problem on Roku. Sunday ticket work on every other device.  I have to watch in my PC.

[personal information removed]

Highlighted
Level 8

Same here! I've removed it and reinstalled it twice. I've tried to go through my computer to add it. Nothing is working! So frustrated!!!! 

Highlighted
Level 8

Yes I was having the same issue. Called Direct TV and didn’t get much help. They we’re saying my TV might be out dated. The app works well on the IPhone so I don’t know why it’s having problems updating on the Roku

0 Kudos
Level 8

I have a Roku 2. Just went searching on the Roku site, and there seems to be a $20 upgrade that will give me all of the latest updates and is supposedly 10x faster...I've ordered it so hopefully that will solve the problem with the mobile app not being able to get the latest version. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I had to use my iPad today but would like to watch on my tv.  Do Roku people monitor this site?  How can we contact them?  I didn’t see an email or help ticket.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Have you tried removing the channel, restarting the Roku device, and then adding the channel back again to see if that resolves the issue?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Yes I did that and I am still having this problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I had the same problem last weekend.  Spent 3 hours with tech support and they suggested I wait and try updating later in the week.  Tried again today and same issue.  Whenever I start the app it says it needs an update, but shows the latest version.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the channel several times to no avail.  Finally I reset the Roku back to factory settings and started from scratch.  Still no joy, app needs update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

It didn’t help.  Still saying it needs updating but it seems to be the current version- updated September 4.  This app works on all my other devices but the Roku.  I would really like to watch my game on my tv- can you please fix?

0 Kudos