Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KTNC
Level 7

NFL Game Pass - keep Roku 1 or get new Roku 4K+

Hello:

I'd like to get NFL game pass. My old Roku 1 (model 2710X) still works and looks like it could stream NFL Game Pass - I'm able to download the NFL channel. I haven't actually signed up for Game Pass yet as I'm wondering if I need to upgrade to a newer Roku to get good performance. NFL game pass gives a 7 day trial and I don't want to start the trial with the old Roku 1 if it's not going to work well.

Anyone out there watching NFL game pass on an old Roku 1?
Does NFL game pass also work on the Roku 4K+ ?

Anyone have experience comparing NFL game pass on old Roku 1 and new Roku 4K+

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: NFL Game Pass - keep Roku 1 or get new Roku 4K+

@KTNC 

Everything will work on the newer Roku devices.

You would notice a marked performance difference between any current device an the Roku 1 (2710).

Note that Amazon announced a couple of months back they were dropping support for the 2710. Others already have. This will become more and more common.

You may not need to upgrade to watch what you want just yet, but do be aware the day is coming.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos