Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aengel7
Level 8

NFL Channel Wont load since update

MY NFL App won't load. I deleted and redownloaded the APP (which usually solves) but now it won't let me activate the APP. I have read forums and none of the responses help. I can go to the check update. I have the 10. I understand there is an issue with this update but there are no solutions listed. My device is the Roku premier. What can I do to fix. Very frustrating and support forums no help. Need to talk to a Roku person about this issue. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
fatr0ck
Level 7

Re: NFL Channel Wont load since update

No apps will load after latest update. I have tried the forum suggestion from a similar issue involving Ultra Roku. Go settings, system, update software, check now. I have done this at least three times now, each time the system acts as if there was an update and begins, ends, and restarts, but still apps won't load. Usually the system comes back with your system is current or no updates available message. Can someone please provide an update. 

0 Kudos
aengel7
Level 8

Re: ROKU APPS Wont load since update

I am beyond frustrated that this update seems to have screwed up my Roku and there is no way to communicate with support. I have tried reaching out to this roku Austin who posted the 10.5 issues and I posted here and have heard nothing. My nfl app will not activate on either of my devices. Both automatically updated to 10.5 and now I’m blocked out. I have tried everything including a system factory reset. I’m about to throw away the roku and go with Amazon or apple. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: ROKU APPS Wont load since update

@aengel7 @fatr0ck

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, make sure to restart your Roku device before adding the channel back again.

If you are still unable to authenticate the channel, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ChuckRush
Level 7

I have a similar issue. I have a Roku TV and The NFL app works for about 15 minutes then showing a spinning caching symbol. I have deleted the NFL app and restarted the TV as suggested. The NFL app works fine on my Fire Stick.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @ChuckRush

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. If the issue only occurs on NFL, we would recommend contacting the channel's customer support team to report the issue and get help. There might be an issue within that specific app that needs to be addressed with an update from them. 

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos