Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vader
Level 8

NFL App not working

I recently downloaded the NFL app.  I have Hulu Live as my streaming service and it appears the NFL app accepts Hulu credentials as a login.  When I try to watch the live NFL Network feed all it does is clock and doesn't load.  Any thoughts on why this would be an issue or a fix?  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the channel, rebooted the system in between.  I thought it might just be the feed being down but its been the same for multiple days now. 

Labels (2)
19 Replies
John_G
Level 7

Re: NFL App - NFL Network

I had a similar problem the last two days. I can watch everything except the games! Game Pass tech support stated that they are still updating apps. I was some what dubious of their response and chatted with Roku support but they could not find anything at their end. My problem was with the activation code process where I would enter the code and it would come back with an invalid code message! Huh? The Roku tech said to do what you did with restarting inbetween. I don't know if that is what did it in my case or not but eventually it recognized my code and i'm in. Going back to the NFL Game Pass site I saw a new message about them fixing a problem that has been happening for a number of days. They don't really explain the problem but it might have been related to your experience. Have you tried today?
Vader
Level 8

No does not appear to be working still. I tried my spectrum login as well and it tells me success....the app says I'm logged in on the TV....but it just gives me a white screen with the circle clocking and doing nothing else.
garof1mc
Level 7

NFL App not working

I just added the NFL app. Once I clicked on it the logo for the NFL appeared and then the rotating circle. I've waited over 30 minutes at times waiting for the screen to change and it never does. I've deleted the app and downloaded it again, I've restarted my tv and still nothing has worked. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do! Thanks. 

Re: NFL App not working

Mine hasnt worked for a couple days now- on any of my Roku TVs. I spoke with Roku customer service (or lack thereof) and they had no clue what to do or how to fix it. Absolutely zero help at all. I'm not sure whats going on- but I have three Roku TVs that are a few months old and I am about to return all of them and get regular smart TVs and apple TV. This is ridiculous.

Roku doesnt care and isnt trying to fix the issue. Their customer service agents are no help at all.
makaiguy
Level 10

The apps are created and maintained by their provider, in this case NFL, not Roku.  You need to be complaining to NFL.

Blaming Roku is like blaming your television manufacturer when your local broadcast station has a problem.
Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100
Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi connected - JVC EM37T
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

We've alerted the channel publisher to this issue, and they are currently investigating. Feel free to follow up with them directly for more help here: https://digitalcare.nfl.com/hc/en-us
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

I've been informed that the app should now be working again.  If you're still having issues, please uninstall, reboot your Roku, and reinstall.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Wonderwill
Level 7

NFL App fails to login

This is for the NFL Network app, not sunday ticket. I can login to Sunday Ticket without issue.

I am trying to watch NFL Network Live, which tries to log in. It lists a website and a code. However, one second after prompt I get a spinning circle and then a message "Sorry, we couldn't complete the authentication. Please try again to receive a new activation code. Retry, Cancel" I can't select either option and have to return to the roku homepage to get back in. I have tried restarting my Roku and removing and readding the app.
0 Kudos