Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: NFL -- App not Working

Same issue here. I can use the NFL app on my phone and on the Amazon fire, but not my Roku Ultra. Time to switch brands. Too bad, I use to like Roku better

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

And now.... you will love this..... nfl.com refuses to give my money back.  So I am going through the dispute process with my bank.  What a pain..... two hours on hold so far.  Thanks nfl..... you really need to get your customer service priorities straight.  Also PLEASE tell people that roku is not supported or begin supporting it.  

R

Highlighted
Level 7

One thing that worked for me on NFL Game Pass -- if you can access the app's main screen, under the "Games" page the app spins and kicks me out. But on the "Features" page, if you select a favorite team, scroll down to the game replay options and prior week games will play from here. I think for other team's games you have to change your favorite team, but haven't tried yet. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Danny,

Why don't you try purchasing the NFL Game Pass for $99 and see how the App behaves.

Maybe Roku and NFL could work together on this.

I have a paid subscription and can open the NFL Game Pass app everything is fine until I want to watch a game I've selected. Once I select a game I'm taken to a Game Pass screen that asking me to purchase for $99 (which I've already paid) below that tab (for purchasing) is another tab that says "You are already signed in" with a tab to sign out. It appears roku doesn't know I have already paid?

Maybe as I said roku and NFL could work together on this. BTW, I had NFL Game Pass last season (2019) and it worked fine playing through roku I even watched a game just a few months ago before the NFL stopped access to last years subscription in August 2020

I'm including screen shot of TV after I've selected game I want to watch TV screen after selecting GameTV screen after selecting Game

Highlighted
Level 8

Same here. Gamepass only works on my laptop. I’m shocked this issue has been going on for so long.

I’ve asked the NFL to issue a refund for the weeks where this service is broken. We sbld 

Highlighted
Level 7

This is a screen shot of the NFL app support page

Screenshot_20201003-101058_Chrome.jpg

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

So NFL finally (after aprox 3 weeks) got back to me with a solution to NFL Game Pass not working on Roku.

Their solution is to cancel your subscription, then you can purchase again using a special discount code. They'll send you the code  and piss poor instructions on to repurchase. Then it was just a matter of going thru the purchase process again. Basically the code somehow voids the cost so I didn't pay anything to re-subscribe. PROBLEM SOLVED

I've also emailed them about another issue about Game Highlights playing as soon as you open NFL Game Pass app on Roku there's no way I can find to stop the highlights from playing. This is equivalent to having someone tell you the details and ending of a movie you really want to see.

Maybe it's not NFL app maybe it's Roku's format because game highlights only auto play like this on Roku

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks.... I disputed the charge with my bank and we'll see if they honor it.  Got it on Sling instead now that they have reached a deal with NFL network....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

NFL redzone

I pay for nfl network and redzone through my cable subscription. When I go on my Roku to watch redzone it says my account doesn’t have access to this content and asks if I want to switch cable providers. First of all I do have access to that content. When I go to the nfl.com/watch/auth I choose Cox but it never asks me to enter any info about my Cox account. It just says “success” now I can watch it on my device. I’ve rebooted it and everything. Also, I do get it on my phone which is set up the same way. This is what makes me think it’s a Roku issue thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I worked with this for about 1.5 hours last night as I wanted to watch a game I missed from week 5.  I had to do the following to get this work and still not sure this is guaranteed as I had to toggle from condensed game a few times with the back arrow (flashing dots on screen should only be 5-10 seconds and then game should play) before it worked.

1. Removed NFL app
  2. Restarted ROKU
  3. Reinstalled NFL app
  4. Logged into Gamepass account
  5. Selected NFL or favorite as team
  6. Select week and then game of interest

I had to toggle the condensed game and back arrow a couple of times before it finally worked.  NFL.com needs to look into this.

0 Kudos