Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Courtney1
Level 7

NFB no longer working?

Jump to solution

Starting last week I have not been able to watch the NFB Channel. I choose it and it shows the splash screen, then goes to the opening page for about a 1/4 second then kicks back out to the Roku page again. I removed the channel and reinstalled it but it still does the same thing. Anyone else having this problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Level 10

Re: NFB no longer working?

Jump to solution
NFB = National Film Board of Canada? Just looked this up -- looks like it might be interesting.

When reinstalling any Roku channel, it is important to reboot the Roku after removing the channel and before installing it again. This clears any remnants of the original channel installation from memory,
Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100
Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi connected - JVC EM37T

View solution in original post

3 Replies
makaiguy
Level 10

Jump to solution
NFB = National Film Board of Canada? Just looked this up -- looks like it might be interesting.

When reinstalling any Roku channel, it is important to reboot the Roku after removing the channel and before installing it again. This clears any remnants of the original channel installation from memory,
Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100
Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi connected - JVC EM37T

View solution in original post

Courtney1
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you Makaiguy, I will try that. NFB is excellent, that's why I wanted to get it back. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Courtney1
Level 7

Jump to solution

Many thanks Makaiguy, that did indeed fix the problem! Cheers! Now I can get back to enjoying some excellent Canadian shorts and films, like "The RailRodder" or "Helicopter Canada". All filmed back in the glory days of the 60's and 70's.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos