Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwhewitt
Level 9

NETFLIX Down since last night

NETFLIX has not worked since 9pm PT. Can not get past initial screen logo. It is now 8:30 am Wednesday. Anyone have info on this?
Netflix version 5.0 build 81121023
Roku Express, software 9.0
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tajson
Level 8

Re: NETFLIX Down since last night

"rwhewitt" wrote:
NETFLIX has not worked since 9pm PT.  Can not get past initial screen logo.  It is now 8:30 am Wednesday.  Anyone have info on this? 

It must be something localized to your environment. Have you tried to restart the device? Can you get to Netflix from another of your devices?
https://help.netflix.com/en/is-netflix-down
0 Kudos
rwhewitt
Level 9

I can play Netflix by casting it using my iPad. But, I still can not get Netflix to work using the Roku channel app. Could the Roku channel app be at fault? Should I do the usual uninstall routine? I checked the Down Now website. It shows Southern California as a trouble spot. Thinking about waiting awhile. Any other forum members having Netflix on Roku problems today? Please post.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rwhewitt 

Thanks for reaching out. Have you contacted Netflix customer support to see what information they are able to provide? There's a possibility that this relates to your ISP, or a regional service issue they may be experiencing.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address, device serial number from Settings>System>About, and details about your ISP and location. I can follow up directly and help provide feedback over to the channel provider. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
stormy13
Level 7

"rwhewitt" wrote:
Should I do the usual uninstall routine? 

If you haven't yet, give it a go. Just found out from my wife that the Roku 3 (4230) in the bedroom was doing the same thing, channel would open and then sit forever on the Netflix logo. Just did the uninstall-restart-reinstall (and sign in to Netflix), and now it is working. It also helps that I have another Roku in the living room (Premiere 4620) that was and is working just fine with Netflix while the one in the bedroom had a problem. Sort of rules out any network problem as mentioned by a couple of others don't you think, seeing as both Roku's here are connected wirelessly to the same router.
0 Kudos
rwhewitt
Level 9

Stormy,
You are correct. I finally did the reinstall drill. It now works. There was a small channel update a few days ago. It might have been a bad install. BTW. while doing the reinstall I saw the signal strength as poor. In the past year it has gone from excellent to good to poor. I have changed nothing to cause the decline. Noticed the issue now the forum. It is heat related. Unfortunately I am past the one year warranty. Reason I mentioned it, poor signal can cause poor software update.
0 Kudos