Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bruinsfan2021
Reel Rookie

Re: NESN App downloand but will not play when "Watch Now" is clicked

Same problem.  What a joke nesn is dropping almost ever streaming platform & forcing streamers to use their digital channels to watch Bruins/Red Sox when they clearly haven’t built a working solution.  Btw roku isn’t much better allowing them to create an app on their platform that doesn’t work.  Make them fix the app or get rid of it.  Nesn turning its back on life long fans is disgusting.  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Bruinsfan2021
Reel Rookie

I’ve contacted nesn 5 times about this issue...no response.  

0 Kudos
Dgelias

YMMV, but often times if I run a completely different streaming app (tonight it was AMC) when this is happening, start the stream, then kill it and go back to NESN it corrects the behavior. 

I wouldn’t hold out hope on NESN fixing this; their apps have been complete garbage since they launched.  Their IOS app is no better than their Roku one. 

NESN
Binge Watcher

Good Morning, 

We apologize for the issues you have experienced, as of today NESN has released a new app version in ROKU that addresses the issue you're experiencing. Please make sure to update the NESN channel in ROKU so you will have the latest App update. if you have any more questions or concerns please create a ticket in the NESN customer portal https://nesn.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/11/group/-1

0 Kudos
SteveNorcross
Channel Surfer

This does not work.  And by the way, there is no updated nesn app, it still is version 1.1 dated Sep 8, 2020.

0 Kudos
NESN
Binge Watcher

Good Afternoon,

NESN has released a new app version in ROKU that addresses the issue you’ve experiencing. Please make sure to update the NESN channel in ROKU to version 1.0.45 portal https://nesn.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/11/group/-1

IMG_8725.jpg

0 Kudos
danders

I removed channel, restarted system, added channel.  When I try to play this channel, it asks for authentification code.  How & where do I put this in?  The previous instructions don’t say anything about entering code.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @danders,

Thanks for the note here.

For more information about that channel's account authentication functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
klm111a
Reel Rookie

I’ve had the same issue this week when trying to watch the Bruins or Sox. The app works fine on my phone and laptop, so it seems like just a Roku problem. I will double check that I have the most recent update but I uninstalled and reinstalled today with no success. 

0 Kudos
LTouet
Reel Rookie

Same issue. I am logged in through my Xfinity account. If I select a live stream it does nothing. Worked on a Saturday then stopped on Monday. I have updat d the app, uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted Roku, restarted my router. Nothing. I contacted NESN and they replied to contact my point of purchase…this makes no sense. There is no point of purchase.  Obviously an automated message. 

Best option I can find is to run the app on my phone and then use Mirror for Roku to cast it to the tv. 

0 Kudos