Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveNorcross
Channel Surfer

NESN App downloand but will not play when "Watch Now" is clicked

My cable provider is COX.  I followed the menu driven procedures and added the NESN app to ROKU on my TV and have COX verified on ROKU in the "Manage TV Provider" section.  When I click on the NESN app on my TV it brings me to the NESN screen and it shows the title of what NESN is currently broadcasting.  When I click on the "Watch Now" button in the lower left corner of the TV screen nothing occurs.  Why wont the program play.  I contacted COX and went through all of this with them extensively and they checked and said everything was working as it should on their end and they did not understand why it wasn't playing and advised me to contact Roku.  So here I am.  Please help.

Steve

29 REPLIES 29
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: NESN App downloand but will not play when "Watch Now" is clicked

Hi @SteveNorcross,

Thanks for reaching us.

Have you tried removing the NESN channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the NESN channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Mfitzg07

@RokuMary-F I am also having the exact same issue as @SteveNorcross . I uninstalled the app, restarted the system, installed the app again, signed in with tv provider, but still the same issue. App opens fine, but clicking on the watch live does nothing, and sometimes crashes the app 

0 Kudos
SteveNorcross
Channel Surfer

I have removed the app and reinstalled and it does not solve the problem.  I did this twice.  If you have any other suggestions I will try those.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Jmelli

I’ve also tried a system restart and app removal and re-installation. All software is also up to date. Connecting to both Cox and Xfinity yield the same result, ‘Watch Now’ button doesn’t work. Trying to watch the Bruins game on the NESN app on iPhone is showing issues as well so my guess is that this is a network problem. 

0 Kudos
ValerieND

Same thing - its just showing Bruins Face-Off live - will not show the program!!!!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done.

If you're still experiencing an issue, try checking for any system updates in Settings>System>System update>Check now. If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to NESN directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform is developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos

Anybody figure this problem out? The same thing is happening to me while trying to watch the Sox 

0 Kudos
SteveNorcross
Channel Surfer

Roku punted and told us to work it out with NESN ourselves.  I haven’t gotten around to it yet.  If you have success please let me know.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@SteveNorcross wrote:

Roku punted and told us to work it out with NESN ourselves.  I haven’t gotten around to it yet.  If you have success please let me know.

Roku provides the platform on which the channel apps run, but the channels themselves create and maintain their own apps, with customized versions for each platform on which they run.  Roku "punted" it to NESN because NESN is the only one that can fix a problem with their app.  

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos