Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Andrewbgagne
Level 7

NBC sports Channel

I have installed the NBC Sports channel but it crashes and reverts back to home screen when trying to start it. I have uninstalled and installed again to no avail
0 Kudos
2 Replies
makaiguy
Level 11

Re: NBC sports Channel

Did you reset tne Roku between uninstalling and reinstalling the app? This step is essential to be sure the old app is cleared from the Roku's memory.
Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100
Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi connected - JVC EM37T
0 Kudos
bvd1022
Level 9

Re: NBC sports Channel

"Andrewbgagne" wrote:
I have installed the NBC Sports channel but it crashes and reverts back to home screen when trying to start it. I have uninstalled and installed again to no avail

I would reach out to one of the admins here on the forum first before doing a full reset. Sometimes this happens before a content provider, in this case NBC is preparing to update the app. Some specific information you will need to provide the admin you talk to, which can be found by going to your settings and hitting the about tab are things like what model Roku device you are using, What version of firmware your device is currently running, device name, serial number, and the NBC Sports' app version, which can be found by going over to the NBC Sports app on your home menu and hitting the star button on your remote. This will pull up options such as to move the channel's/app's position in your home menu, remove channel, which you've said you've done already, and to submit feedback. As far as submitting feedback, I am unsure as to where exactly the feedback goes whether it be directly to Roku or the app/channel developer so coming here to the forum is probably the best option to address issues. Whenever I have issues with my Roku devices, which doesn't happen often this is usually the first place I come to get whatever issues that might be going on resolved and the admins and the rest of the community here on the forum have been very helpful on the rare occasions that I have needed help.  I suggest reaching out to RokuShawn or RokuDale. They are the admins that I know of and they will help you, but all the admins here should be able to point you in the right direction.

Best of luck to you.
0 Kudos