Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

NBC news channel playback not working

My NBC news app started having lots of playback issues just a few weeks ago.  All the other channels play fine.  It’s just that one channel.  Also a news clip will start playing and then freeze or go grey.  Very odd anyone else having these issues?  Thanks

4 Replies
Level 7

Re: NBC news channel playback not working

Have had my Roku for quite a few years, but suddenly several months ago I've had trouble with just one channel - NBC News which was provided by Roku when I bought their device. 

When I select NBS News or select an MSNBC programs like Rachel Maddow or Morning Joe or anything related to NBC News, the program starts and then in a minute or two freezes and nothing I do will resume the show.  Any suggestions appreciated !!!

Furthermore I think Roku should have an agent available for a call or a chat session to resolve issues.  Looking at all their printed troubleshooting guides does not help with this problem.  In these tumultuous days and times, I DO WANT TO GET THE NEWS so Roku should get with it, otherwise I will be sorry to have to drop them for another provider.

Level 7

Did you resolve the NBC news freezing issue?  If yes, how did you do it?  See my previous reply describing your problems as the the same one I'm having.  Hoping you can help!  We really need to have the news especially now, don't we!  If you have not fixed the problem and if I find the solution then I will let you know.  Cheers.

Level 9

My Roku 3 constantly crashes when I'm using the NBC News app. It's awful. Reinstalling the channel doesn't help. Doing a factory reset of the Roku 3 didn't help. Buying and installing an SD card from Roku didn't help. At this point, there's nearly a 100% correlation between running that app and watching my Roku crash. It's very bothersome and there seems to be no fix for it.

What does work? For me, an Amazon Fire stick works. But, believe it or not, there are more commercials on Amazon's NBC News app, than on Roku's. So, what are you going to do? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Thats too bad to hear. I feel like someone should contact NBC.  Ive tried everything you have mentioned as well.  Anyone know who to contact?  

0 Kudos