Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBC channel will not load

Mine is not loading either. It's doing the same thing you say. Neither is my Telemundo, I guess they're the same company or something. Hasn't worked in days☹️

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: NBC channel will not load

Hi @julissareyes,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1.Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2.Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3.Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.

You may also refer to this link: How do I resolve channel playback issues? - Roku
If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.

You can reach NBC support here: 
https://help.nbc.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?brand=nbc     

Let us know how it goes!

Many thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
TanyT

I have tried all of the above and other suggested tips to no avail. NBC has no answer or remedy either.  Very frustrating as this is my most used app of all. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TanyT,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We are aware of an issue impacting playback on NBC and it's currently under investigation.  Once they provide me with an update I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience for the time being!
Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Tomster2

Add me to the list.

When I select NBC, I get the 3 dots flashing, then short, static like sounds that last for a milisecond... then continue to repeat approximately, every 10 seconds.

I carefully went through all the steps listed by a roku employee earlier in this thread, and separately tried some of the community suggestions. Some people had success, I am one of the ones that did not. If I switch my source from the roku to xfinity, NBC comes in fine... but not when the source is the roku.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We're currently unable to reproduce the issue you are experiencing.

In order for us to investigate further, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information we will be able to assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Aspen

It is not possible to include Telemundo or NBC on Roku. When I type the code Roku gives to activate Telemundo, Roku doesn't appear as a provider. We are many Hispanic Roku customers who want to have the possibility to watch Telemundo or even Univision. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos