Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LukeColey

NBC channel: How to fix 'CloudpathError' on Roku

I’m getting this message when I try to watch a show on NBC. Error Code: CloudpathErrorAuthorizationNIP. What do I need to do to fix this?

NBC Roku channel (Source: Channelstore.roku.com)NBC Roku channel (Source: Channelstore.roku.com)

38 REPLIES 38
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: NBC channel: How to fix 'CloudpathError' on Roku

@LukeColey 

It sounds like the app isn't able to reach the service. I'd wait it out for a few hours. If, say, the next morning, the issue remains, try removing the app, rebooting the Roku, then reinstalling the app. In that order.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

See if the instructions in this link help for cloudpath errors on channels in the NBC/Universal family:

https://help.nbc.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034968874-Our-Basic-Troubleshooting-for-Roku#unlinkrelink

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
driehemann

I've been waiting it out for a few weeks now. NBC sends a long list of fixes, but none of them work. Hope someone comes up with a fix soon, as a Sling subscription is $40 per month, and that just gets me MSNBC.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Chiquitamill

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us first the exact issue you're experiencing? Does it only occur on one channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device? Please also let us know the troubleshooting you've done so we know what steps we should take next.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
aliroam

It’s happening for me on all the channels that are under the NBC umbrella…such as NBC, bravo, USA etc.  

aliroam

I just logged out of the bravo app and logged back in and now the “e token is corrupted” is gone and it’s let me watch shows

0 Kudos
Mageneluzabeth
Reel Rookie

I have also been experiencing this issue within the NBC app on my Roku tv. The media error appears only for certain shows. I am able to watch some tv shows but not others. I can watch Project Runway, Below Deck, RHSLC, & Dateline but I cannot watch RHOC, RHONJ & Vanderpump Rules. I am Not able to watch any of the live tv. I have logged out of my account that links through the cable company, I’ve removed the app, restarted the Roku tv, then re-added the app. I’ve done this sequence many times in different orders (I removed app but didn’t restart tv, only turned the tv off.) All of these “solutions” do not seem to work. 
errorcode:CloudpathErrorManifestRequestFail

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @Mageneluzabeth

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. We suggest reaching out to the channel's customer support teamto report the issue and get help. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them

You can contact them here: NBC Help Center

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos