Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

NBC app not authorized

trying to watch a show on NBC app and it’s authenticated with my provider. It says I’m sorry not authorized. I’ve restarted Roku, deleted and reinstalled NBC app and still not working. Any ideas?

7 Replies
Level 7

Re: NBC app not authorized

The same thing is happening to me. I hope you get a response to this so we can both watch our shows. 

Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Terri2 @Studiowreck 

Thanks for the note.

Please make sure to restart your device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back again once more.

If the issue is still not resolved, we would recommend reaching out to the channel provider for more information about that channel's functionality and authentication to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach NBC support here: https://www.nbc.com/contact-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

my NBC error message is: Error Code: CoudpathErroeAuthorization

Tried removing and restarting Roku- didn’t help. Finally had to reset it by using the paper clip in the hole in the back. That was a pain because I had to add in all sorts of passwords ID numbers emails and so forth. But that got the NBC app working. For two shows. When I went to watch a third show I got this error message all over again. It as though it wants to connect with NBC to give you the authorization code but it can’t. And FYI, we have a second Roku that does not have this problem. It’s only on one.

0 Kudos
Level 7

I figured it out. All the shows are now streaming on the peacock app.   I’m watching Chicago fire on it now 

0 Kudos
Level 7

I frequently cannot watch NBC live in the NBC app. All I want is Nightly News but every once in a while, I get a message that I must activate the app. Then, when I enter the code on the NBCnews.com/activate site, it tells me that the code is old or invalid (neither of which is the case). I have uninstalled the app, then restarted the system and then reinstalled the app. Same thing. I  have contacted NBC but have heard nothing from them. Incidentally, this only happens on my newer Roku, not on my older one, so I don't know that I can blame NBC for this. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated as this is so frustrating!

0 Kudos

Peacock isn’t the solution, as I have no problems with NBC.com or NBC app on other devices (iOS, iPadOS, other smart TVs). It only seems to be the Roku app, and I’ve been having issues for months, long before Peacock was even announced.

I even did a full factory reset after deleting the app - no dice. Somehow it still remembered me as the “suggested” shows were the same as they were before the reset. There’s a problem with the app, but a problem with Roku OS too. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

This hasn’t been working for me for

months!! So frustrating. Roku needs to find a solution!

0 Kudos