Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Redkat
Level 7

NBC app live streaming not working?

Hi all, new forum member here.  I've been using Roku with the Spectrum streaming service for a couple of months now, with no major issues (other than the fact that there's a timeout after a period of inactivity, which is really frustrating).  Anyway...  Sometimes my local NBC station doesn't work the best thru the Spectrum app, so I go to the NBC app and select "live stream" and that has worked fine.  Until a few days ago.  Now, every time I choose the NBC live stream, the name of the current show displays on the screen while it loads - but then when the stream begins, it's always playing a 45-ish second clip of The Tonight Show (same clip every time), then the screen goes black except for the word "buffering," and that's it.  It stays black and says buffering.  I've left it that way for several hours, and still buffering (supposedly).  Is anyone else having trouble with the NBC app's live stream?  I've tried contacting NBC but "we are unable to respond to every message" so I doubt I'll hear from them.
0 Kudos