Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

NBC Zoom In Issues

Did this problem ever get fixed?   I just bought this TCL tv with ROKU built in.  Same issue with the NBC app.  Help

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: NBC and Fox App Zoom In Issues

What is the deal with the NBC app? I'm having the same problems that others here have outlined. When I try to watch an NBC network program live, after about two seconds of viewing the app, the picture goes into some kind of Zoom mode. This does NOT happen with any of the other NBC networks (e.g., MSNBC, USA Network). Also, this Zoom problem does not occur when I try to watch NBC Network programs on demand, it only happens when I try to watch a program live.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Jimjorke3344 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact NBC support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach NBC support here: https://www.nbc.com/contact-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Still happening for me on NBC on Roku.  Plays normally for 2-3 secs than zooms in so video is cut off on bottom and right side.  I'm on Roku Stick with a Samsung TV. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@5280badger 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I just tried that and this did not work. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi Danny. I tried what you asked and it does work the first time you launch the NBC app. That is the zooming problem goes away. However if you go to let’s say the TNT app and then come back to the NBC app the same Zoom-in problem starts happening again. So what I’m doing right now is every time I want to watch NBC is completely delete the NBC app, then watch what I want to watch ,and then know that I’ll have to reinstall it the next day etc. It’s definitely not an ideal solution and appreciate you looking into a long-term fix.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Just tried that too and it still only works for 2 seconds and then zooms in. So frustrating. 

Are you doing anything else with settings?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing issues with the NBC channel zooming in, please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you doing when this issue happens? can you give us a summary of the issue when this happens?

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Issue Report Tracker ID: 57-420-614

Roku TV - 65R613

Serial # - YS00F6150357

Software - 9.3.0 • Build 4194-30

Device ID - FW29AF150357

NBC Channel - Version 7.13 • Build 0

Im on a TCL Roku TV and this has been happening since I bought it at the beginning of the year. PLEASE FIX!

0 Kudos