Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hackett3683
Level 7

NBC Sports app live stream fail

NBC Sports app crashes when trying to watch live streams. I'm on a TCL Roku TV. Roku TV: 5110X
I select say an NHL game, it starts to load and just goes back to the main NBC Sports app menu
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: NBC Sports app live stream fail

[ltr]Unfortunately, the app itself doesn't support it (it's not built in) and it appears to be a conscious decision by NBC at this point. The only way I've found to get around it is to chromecast from the phone itself (Android OS can chromecast whatever's on your screen), but it's not an optimal solution as it destroys your phone's battery and makes it very hot. I honestly, don't get why NBC won't add this feature. It's mentioned in every review on the Google Play store.[/ltr]
0 Kudos
hackett3683
Level 7

It used to work. I guess when they added the NBC Gold part, they broke it. Maybe it works for NBC Gold members
0 Kudos
Cinegurl
Level 7

I paid NBC Sports Gold for the cycling pass, it worked "fine" on my Roku TV (2016 Sharp model), UNTIL this January...when, see #4 below:
1. The subscription is from July > June
2. They reserve the right to NOT keep any races stored for future replays, whenever they want to
3. They deleted the Amgen Tour replays to repost the prior year's TDF - leaving me without access to the Amgen Tour for the current year
4. They just moved all the NBC Sports GOLD subscriptions to the plain "NBC Sports" channel - but the replays are NOT supported on ROKU!  I can only see the current month of races, NONE of the prior races and NBC "Support" blames it on ROKU. 
5. NBC does not give any allowance for their failure to fulfill their end of the deal = no month extension for failure to play and no refunds, ever, period.

There are website that stream cycling for free - just not replays, so you have to have a way to store that or watch live - search stream cycling = tiz-cycling.live - cyclingfans.com - cycling.today/category/live-streaming/ - steephill.tv - http://cyclingstream.com/ < this last one appears to have replays.
0 Kudos