Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JCL
Level 7

NBC Sports Channel

The NBC Sports Channel won't load. It's worked fine in the past. 

Anyone else having this problem?   
0 Kudos
6 Replies
mstephans
Level 7

Re: NBC Sports Channel

Yep. The yellow circle just keeps circling. Tried removing and reinstalling with no change. Getting nervous with the Olympics coming up.
0 Kudos
_Cyanide_
Level 7

Also having this same problem, has anyone figured out a solution yet?
0 Kudos
revengineer
Level 7

same problem here. NBC Sports app works fine on Fire TV. Roku is going downhill fast.
0 Kudos
mstephans
Level 7

For me, it was that my roommate installed an adblocker/hostlist on our router. It was blocking geo.nbcsports.com. Removed the hostlist and works perfectly.
0 Kudos
revengineer
Level 7

"mstephans" wrote:
For me, it was that my roommate installed an adblocker/hostlist on our router. It was blocking geo.nbcsports.com. Removed the hostlist and works perfectly.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have multiple layers of ad-blocking and forgot to disable one of them. Your tip set me on the right path. Problem solved!
0 Kudos
Cinegurl
Level 7

I paid NBC Sports Gold for the cycling pass, it worked "fine" on my Roku TV (2016 Sharp model), UNTIL this January...when, see #4 below:
1. The subscription is from July > June
2. They reserve the right to NOT keep any races stored for future replays, whenever they want to
3. They deleted the Amgen Tour replays to repost the prior year's TDF - leaving me without access to the Amgen Tour for the current year
4. They just moved all the NBC Sports GOLD subscriptions to the plain "NBC Sports" channel - but the replays are NOT supported on ROKU!  I can only see the current month of races, NONE of the prior races and NBC "Support" blames it on ROKU. 
5. NBC does not give any allowance for their failure to fulfill their end of the deal = no month extension for failure to play and no refunds, ever, period.

There are website that stream cycling for free - just not replays, so you have to have a way to store that or watch live - search stream cycling = tiz-cycling.live - cyclingfans.com - cycling.today/category/live-streaming/ - steephill.tv - http://cyclingstream.com/ < this last one appears to have replays.
0 Kudos