Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ecualum08
Level 7

NBC Sports App Not Loading

My NBC Sports App on my Roku + streaming stick recently stopped working. It will play the opening commercial then gets stuck on the loading screen. If I continue to leave it on the screen commercials will pop up every few minutes, but no content will load. The app is working on my other devices with no issue. I have already tried removing the app and have tried reseting my Roku to factory settings. I have Verizon Fios and authenticate NBC Sports though Dish. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: NBC Sports App Not Loading

Thanks for the note here. 

The channel may be experiencing an issue with content delivery for the content you are trying to stream. A couple questions: 

- Does this occur on all content within the channel, or only one specific item? 
- Have you contacted NBC Sports support to report the issue you're seeing and request additional assistance? You can get in touch with NBC Sports support here: https://support.roku.com/article/213122277-tips-for-improving-the-wireless-connection-to-your-roku-s...

Let us know how it goes from there! 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
bungi43
Level 7

I am having the same issue as ecualum08.

I have a TCL Roku TV, Hisense Roku TV, and two streaming Roku Devices (Ultra and Roku 3)...I get the commercials, then it sticks on the loading screen.

I also have an apple TV device and a fire TV box, and a fire stick, and it works just fine on those.  It also works on my PC.

Somewhere there is a disconnect between the app and Roku.  Seeing as how it works on all non roku devices in my household, it has to be an issue on Roku's end.  Can someone get to work on fixing this?  We all pay money for your devices and expect them to work.  It's been almost 2 weeks for me now.  

Thanks!
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know what you're seeing here. We will certainly help pass your feedback along to the channel provider. 

However, Roku does not develop this channel (app), and wouldn't be able to address a content playback issue that may be occurring within. Channel/service providers may use different systems to provide content across different device platforms, which can sometimes cause isolated issues. You will want to reach out to NBC Sports support to report the issue you're experiencing with their channel on the Roku platform, and request additional assistance. You can reach them here: https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/support 

Please keep us posted if there are any other questions we can help answer. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
DougG
Level 8

I am having the exact same problem with all 5 of my Roku, including  TCL TV.

kitels
Level 7

Same issue too. Either is gets stuck after the commercial or will show 3-5 seconds of content then freeze. 

Very frustrating. I just switched from my apple TV, expecting better quality and I am struggling to watch my favorite content. 

0 Kudos