Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DJN
Level 7

NBC SPORTS APP LIMITED REPLAYS

I wanted to give a heads up to anyone using or considering a subscription purchase of the NBC sports Gold Packages.

Two days ago NBC Sports did a major "upgrade???" to their ROKU app. As a result of this change, viewers using set-top devices such as the ROKU Ultra will no longer have access to any replays  or highlights that are more than 30 days old. As most of us long time NBC Sports Gold subscribers know, we used to have access to ALL replays and highlights from the entire subscription period. For example I subscribe to the NBC Sports Gold Figure Skating Pass. Before the app was "upgraded", I had 520 figure skating replays available to watch at any time during my entire subscription period. Which is still correct as of today, per the terms of the sports pass subscription. Since the new version of the app was installed I now have only 8 replays and 1 highlight from the most recent event. I contacted NBC Support via email - this is a copy of their emailed reply to me:

Hi,
Thanks for reaching out to us. 
There are currently limited replays available on the Roku.
All Replays are available on a web browser. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know. 
Thanks,
Ashley
NBC Sports Support

I sent additional emails to NBC support about the fact that their website clearly stated at the time of my subscription purchase that ALL replays would be available on the ROKU media players. They simply don't care and are not concerned about breaking the contractual agreement by limiting the content ROKU subscribers have a right to view. They probably know there is really nothing a subscriber can do about it.
I use a ROKU Ultra player connected to my TV via an HDMI cable, so I do not know whether or not: smart TV's with the ROKU app installed in the TV, get ALL of the replays and highlights for their entire subscription period as they should, or are they now also are limited to replays from the most recent replays occurring within the most recent 30 day period. . . .
Hope this information is helpful.
Dennis

[post moved to appropriate board]
4 Replies
Highlighted
ST_Dog
Level 8

Re: NBC SPORTS APP LIMITED REPLAYS

Skating only showing 2 replays from Gold today (and one non gold reply).

Website and android app show all replays correctly. Can't cast from Android app.

So for now have to use PC to watch anything, which sucks since PC is in another room. It was setup for viewing movies with lossless audio Roku doesn't support DTS well

The new app interface sucks too.

Anyway to get the old version app back?

Guess It's time to ditch Roku and get a Shield TV. Solve the audio for at issues and this new mess from NBC.

Highlighted
Nugatti
Level 8

I have the same issue with my cycling pass. Wanted to rewatch Tour de France 2019 and it’s gone. Had to hook up an old Apple TV so that I could mirror it from my iPhone. It’s infuriating. 

Highlighted
KolbDGO
Level 1

Same issue with me. Bought Sports Gold cycling pass and all our race replays disappeared, even races that just concluded recently. False advertising, ROKU! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ST_Dog
Level 8

@KolbDGO Not Roku. This is all NB

Roku provides a platform for app developers. NBC wrote the app and their recent changes broke replays. 

Just like phone apps, the platform provider (Google, Apple, Roku) doesn't write most of the apps you run. And app updates often break things. When that happens it's not the platform providers fault.

Tne sad thing here is no response from NBC acknowledging the issue or offering a timeline for a fix. Or even re-releasing the old version that worked. 

0 Kudos