Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
corvinabob
Level 7

Re: NBC Channels Disconnecting

I am having problems also when the Roku is connected to nbc. I get the error message "it appears you have been disconnected",l then I refresh the connection and then in another 15-20 seconds. it happens again. All other Roku channels work fine. Resetting router and/or cable box has no effect on resolving the problem. Very frustrating.......Does anyone have a clue?
0 Kudos
ElenaNYC
Level 7

"corvinabob" wrote:
I am having problems also when the Roku is connected to nbc. I get the error message "it appears you have been disconnected",l then I refresh the connection and then in another 15-20 seconds. it happens again. All other Roku channels work fine. Resetting router and/or cable box has no effect on resolving the problem. Very frustrating.......Does anyone have a clue?

This is exactly what's happened to me; try e-mailing them; I found the address on the NBC Roku-help area a few days ago; no one has responded yet though: [email=roku@nbcdigital.zendesk.com:1t4jiqd2]roku@nbcdigital.zendesk.com[/email:1t4jiqd2]
0 Kudos
mrpoutinemmm
Level 7

I have this same problem. Has anyone found a solution yet?
0 Kudos
waypoint
Level 7

I'm having a similar, if not the same problem.  For me it started with PBS changed it format (how you choose your shows).  I can choose a show, it starts for a few minutes and then a "No signal" error message pops up and then my Roku resets.  After the reset everything is slow on response.  Now other shows change their formats and I get the same response.  It is not just one channel.  It is as though Roku does not have enough memory to store information while it streams.  I hate to purchase a new Roku because I do not know if it will fix the problem.

I'm using:  Roku 2 XS, with direct internet hook up, HDMI cable, two different types of TV's, I have improved my internet speed, called Roku (with no help at all) (They just know the basic problem solving)

Help!!!!
0 Kudos

We’re having trouble connecting to NBC live tv
0 Kudos
Thecodster69
Level 7

I am having the same problem on my brand new roku what is the problem dont know what to do about it
0 Kudos
Nieceyemarie
Level 7

I HAVE A PROBLEM! I HAVE NBC APP ON MY ROKU! I HAVE SIGNED IN, AND LINKED TO MY CABLE PROVIDER! BUT WHEN I TRY TO GO INTO ONE OF THE TV SHOWS THIS ERROR POPS UP!
SORRY! WERE HAVING SOME TROUBLE
IF THE PROBLEM PERSISTS, PLWASE GO TO MORE-> CONTACT US AND SEND A NOTE INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING ERROR CODE.
ERROR COGE:NOAUTHZ
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Have to tried contacting the channel provider? It's possible there may be an issue within the channel itself that the service provider will need to investigate.

We recommend trying to removing your cable provider authentication and the NBC channels from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restarting your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, adding the channels back once more and authenticating your cable provider.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Dewm
Level 7

While I get that you do not control all the apps (channels) on the roku... it leaves much to be desired as far as the experience goes. The timeout after 30 seconds of being on a channel and trying to link to my provider (while I did through the site, the roku channel doesn't recognize it) before being kicked back to the homepage is enough to throw this one away and take back the new roku that is unopened.
0 Kudos