Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScaryGirl
Level 7

Re: NBC Channels Disconnecting

Did you ever figure this one out?  I've always streamed great but now it disconnects every 10 seconds.
0 Kudos
rjscib
Level 7

Unfortunately no. Roku customer service had no explanation. They told me to talk with the provider here but unfortunately it's a little complicated. I tested it out at another location and it worked fine so it must be something with the provider and not the Roku. I'm just using Hulu for NBC shows and it works fine.
0 Kudos
ElenaNYC
Level 7

I am having this same issue. I am on Roku 3 trying to watch "Days of our lives" on NBC and can only watch for a minute when a black screen comes up saying "It appears you have been disconnected". I have full signal wifi strength through Time Warner Cable using a Samsung TV. I have tried deleting and re-adding the NBC channel and restarting the system to no avail. This has been going on the past few days; the issue came up before maybe once every few days but now it's a constant. Other channels like Netflix and Amazon Prime work fine. NBC doesn't offer troubleshooting support- just a generic form saying they may not reply. Would appreciate any help as Roku customer service isn't very helpful and just tries to sell you new equipment.

Model: 4200x-Roku 3
Serial" 1GH327012852
Version 7.5.0 build 4092-04
No MicroSD
0 Kudos
NorCal
Level 7

Having this same issue with both the NBC app and the SyFy app.   I'm using a RokuTV on a fiber connection as a DirecTV customer.   Super frustrating.  I am NOT being disconnected.  
0 Kudos
SDGHILL
Level 7

Having same problem with Blacklist and Timeless on Roku 4.

Seems to be NBCs problem, doesn't it?
0 Kudos
sillsj
Level 7

I had this problem on NBC earlier this week, and tonight it's been happening multiple times on NBC and USA apps. Other apps fine
0 Kudos
sillsj
Level 7

I had this problem on NBC earlier this week, and tonight it's been happening multiple times on NBC and USA apps. Other apps fine
0 Kudos
ElenaNYC
Level 7

I found an e-mail contact listed in the NBC help screen on Roku:

roku@nbcdigital.zendesk.com

Received an automated reply "Your request (-) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff."
0 Kudos
priller
Level 7

The problem with the NBC disconnects seems to have gotten progressively worse.  Perhaps increased load at certain day/time.  
I have noticed that it occurs much more often right before and after the commercials.  

As others have stated, all other streaming services work fine.  Definitely a problem specific to NBC.  
0 Kudos
DarkJedi
Level 7

This does not now appear to be an NBC only problem. I have been experiencing a similar issue with Reuters and Newsy the past couple of days. Prior to a couple days ago I did not have this issue with those channels. I don't generally use the NBC apps. 
0 Kudos