Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

NBC App reauthorization - delete/reboot does not bring up auth code

On our Roku TV (infrequently used), I tried to launch the NBC app today. Navigated to the show/episode, selected it, received the reauthorization error.

Multiple times, I delete the app, power off the TV. Wait. Restart, re-add, power off. Wait. Restart, launch app and I don’t get a code to enter to reauthorize. I navigate to any show, same reauthorization error.

Is there another way to reauthorize that I’m missing? Through my Roku login on a browser? I’m not having any issues when using the app through my iPad or through a browser. And to be clear, no IP address changes, no VPN, and no one else uses streaming cable. All other apps are fine.

Cable company is Frontier; WiFi is through Comcast, if that helps. Also I did post a similar question on the NBC app support as well but no response. Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: NBC app not authorized

Is this a reauthorization involving going to their website via your internet browser? 

This was suggested for a different channel with reauthorization problems and it was reported to work:

See if clearing the browser's cache and any cookies for that site fixes things up.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: NBC App reauthorization - delete/reboot does not bring up auth code

@StreamerFiend12 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried logging out of your account on the channel then logging back in to see if that resolves your issue?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you'll want to contact NBC support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos