Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MMSAL
Level 7

NBC APP on Roku TV

The NBC APP, BRAVO APP, are not working. Internet is working signal good. getting grey screen with giant ! That says sorry having trouble ... could not configure

if problem persist please go to more>contact us. 

whata going on???

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: NBC APP on Roku TV

Those apps are from the same family of apps. NBC/Comcast owns both. That means we have to do the standard fix a little different.

1. Remove both apps. In fact, you should remove any related apps owned by NBC/Comcast (SyFy, USA, etc).
  2. Restart all of your Roku devices (if you have more than one).
  3. Reinstall one app on your Roku TV. 

Authenticate the app and see if it works.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
MMSAL
Level 7

@DBDukes This may sound very stupid but since it’s a roku tv - how do I restart the device? Just power it off then back on? 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@MMSAL wrote:

@DBDukes This may sound very stupid but since it’s a roku tv - how do I restart the device? Just power it off then back on? 

No. That actually won't do it. Here is the way on a Roku TV:

Settings > System > Power > System Restart > Restart

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

MMSAL
Level 7

@DBDukes @Thank you! I tried everything you said but still didn’t work. 

I contacted the tv manufacture and they said it was a roku issue. I contacted roku customer support and they said to contact nbc 🤣.  What a joke!!!!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @MMSAL,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Our support team responded via email recently. Please check your email from our support team, they will be assisting you and provided additional troubleshooting steps from there. 

We sincerely appreciate your patience and we are working on ways to better improve this process.

Kind regards,
Mary

0 Kudos