Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CA2DC
Level 7

NBA app Issue - “Loading Please Wait...”

I’ve got a GS Warrior NBA season pass and have been streaming games this fall on my Roku without problem. But a couple days ago I started getting the “Loading please wait” message when I open the NBA app. It sits and spins and spins and spins.... 

I’ve opened & closed the app & rebooted my Roku, but so far no luck. 

I know it’s not a bandwidth issue since I have a crazy fast wired connection & all my other apps (Netflix 4K, etc.) stream without problem. 

Any suggestions for fixing the problem would be appreciated. 
Thanks & Happy Holidays!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
bwaldron
Level 9

Re: NBA app Issue - “Loading Please Wait...”

Funny, I had been having the issue all season until the most recent update (version 2018.2.10) of the NBA app. After the version update, I did still have to uninstall the app, reboot, then reinstall -- then the "loading" errors stopped (at least for the couple of games I have watched).

While I was having the issue earlier, I found that hitting the back/exit button on the remote just before the app fully loaded and presented me that message worked sometimes -- gave me the dialog asking if i wanted to exit the app. Choosing "no" would get me to the games list without the "loading" message.
0 Kudos
ewittmann
Level 7

I have the exact same problem (same team even).  I submitted a ticket with NBA.com (spoke with Tier 1 and Tier 2 support).  They escalated the problem to Tier 3 but I'm waiting to hear back.  Last week when I started having this issue I was able to uninstall and re-install the app, re-enter my credentials, and then it would let me in.  But now not even that works.  I don't even see the list of games behind the "Loading Please Wait" modal anymore like I did last week.

I just tried the "back button before the app fully loads" trick mentioned above...and that worked to bypass the "Loading Please Wait" spinner, but when I do that all I get is a blank blue screen.
0 Kudos
kzoo
Level 7

I started experiencing the same issue on all my Roku devices on the 24th. Loading spinner spins forever. Back button does not fix it. Tried restarting, installing and reinstalling the app. Nothing has worked so far.
0 Kudos