Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

NBA League Pass App - Only 30fps for past several days, all games, all Roku Devices.

Over the past several days, the Roku NBA League Pass app has begun streaming at only 30fps - all games, and all devices (3600, 3800, 3810, Ultra and 4) at both my home and office locations. No network issues, other apps such as YouTube TV and Fox Sports Now stream NBA content at 60fps, and on my lone Amazon 4K Fire Stick NBA League Pass streams is it's usual 60fps. All that said, it appears to be related to the NBA League Pass Roku app. 

Can this be checked out?

Thanks - Bob T.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: NBA League Pass App - Only 30fps for past several days, all games, all Roku Devices.

@Bob_T 

Thanks for the inquiry.

I'd recommend reaching out to NBA League Pass directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the NBA League Pass channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://contact.nba.com/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: NBA League Pass App - Only 30fps for past several days, all games, all Roku Devices.

Hi Danny. While I appreciate the quick reply, as a customer who has literally bought over 50 Roku devices for personal use and as gifts, and as a shareholder, I'd recommend Roku be a bit proactive and contact the NBA League Pass app writers yourselves. Right now, it works properly on your competitor's devices, and not on yours. I rarely use the lone Amazon 4K Fire TV Stick I own, but because NBALP is not working properly on Roku, you've given me reason to use it the past few days. I'm also not paid enough to do your work for you.  

Bottom line is NBA League Pass is streaming at only 30fps on Roku, and 60fps on your competitor's devices. It's not my problem to get fixed. 

Regards,

Bob Terrell
[personal information removed]
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi Bob,

I thought I was going crazy. I've noticed the same thing and can't seem to find any answers. I've reached out to NBA League pass and all they do is send me a list of suggested fixes for choppy video (restart it, log in and log out, etc.) It's driving me nuts because I watch a ton of NBA, but the 30fps really bothers me and gives me a headache. 

I'm glad I found your post, as I thought I was the only one!

0 Kudos