Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gginty75
Level 7

NAS drive not showing folders in Roku Media Player

I have a Buffalo Linkstation and I have connected it via DLNA and it plays the files no problem but it has created a new folder structure when I browse (artist/new/recently added etc). How do I get it to show my actual file structure on the drive (movies/tv etc). When I plug in a drive into the USB slot it shows the folder structure as it is on the drive, but not through DLNA. Any ideas??
0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: NAS drive not showing folders in Roku Media Player

RMP only displays what the DLNA server sends, so the structure you see is what the server is providing. The Roku does not have the memory to store the layout, and does not calculate anything about how to display what. It’s all up to the media server to provide the information.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
gginty75
Level 7

So is there now way to get the server to send the file structure info that is on the drive, the same way that a connected USB drive would?
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 10

You need to check the documentation for your particular DNLA server.
Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100
Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi connected - JVC EM37T
0 Kudos