Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

My television provider not listed when I try to access a channel requiring a subscription

Jump to solution

We recently switched to "NEXT, Powered by NAEC," which is fiber optic and television in North Central Arkansas. 

However, when I attempt to access a channel that requires a subscription, I cannot locate NEXT in the cable TV list, even though we receive that channel on our one tv (we have Roku on three televisions and would like to be able to access those channels on all three). 

This is a new provider in the area in the past few years and perhaps it hasn't yet been added it to the list. Please advise.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: My television provider not listed when I try to access a channel requiring a subscription

Jump to solution

@dlogan1946 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's authentication of TV providers, you'll want to contact the channel support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: My television provider not listed when I try to access a channel requiring a subscription

Jump to solution

@dlogan1946 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's authentication of TV providers, you'll want to contact the channel support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you, Danny. I will try that.

0 Kudos