Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlogan1946
Reel Rookie

My television provider not listed when I try to access a channel requiring a subscription

Jump to solution

We recently switched to "NEXT, Powered by NAEC," which is fiber optic and television in North Central Arkansas. 

However, when I attempt to access a channel that requires a subscription, I cannot locate NEXT in the cable TV list, even though we receive that channel on our one tv (we have Roku on three televisions and would like to be able to access those channels on all three). 

This is a new provider in the area in the past few years and perhaps it hasn't yet been added it to the list. Please advise.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: My television provider not listed when I try to access a channel requiring a subscription

Jump to solution

@dlogan1946 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's authentication of TV providers, you'll want to contact the channel support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: My television provider not listed when I try to access a channel requiring a subscription

Jump to solution

@dlogan1946 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's authentication of TV providers, you'll want to contact the channel support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
dlogan1946
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you, Danny. I will try that.

0 Kudos
a59

Jump to solution

Since my Tv provided is not listed , where do I go to find channel support ?

0 Kudos
BRUIN1963

Jump to solution

ME TOO

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@a59 wrote:

There are no details provided, such as TV provider or the app you're trying to authenticate. So, here's a general response.

Those apps that authenticate against TV providers are not cable replacements, but rather streaming augmentations or extensions of your TV service. And your TV provider doesn't offer that. It would be your TV provider not offering it.

The only way to resolve this is to change TV providers. Or accept the limitation of your TV provider in regard to streaming extensions such as a streaming app.

Of course, there are streaming TV providers. These offer packages of channels, and depending on what channels you want, may (or may not) suffice.

Suppose you were after Hallmark. There is a streaming service that includes Hallmark and 30 other channels for $7/month. Compare that to what you're paying for cable.

Suppose it was ESPN. Now the cheapest service that offers ESPN is $35/month.

It depends on what you want, how much a live streaming service (cable replacement) would cost. There are online tools that allow you to find out what has what you want. One is https://support.tv and you have to provide your location (ZIP Code) and pick your streaming device (Roku, or whatever) and select the channels you want.

If you want to stay with your current TV provider, you are restricted to what they support in regards to streaming apps, for those particular apps.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@a59 wrote:

Who is your TV provider?  Without that information we can't help you.  Also does your subscription to your TV provider include the channel you are attempting to activate?

0 Kudos