Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BethJoy
Level 7

My show disappeared from the Roku Channel

I was in the middle of season 5 of Without a Trace; next day, it's gone from the Roku channel... wth?!?

4 Replies
andyross
Level 16

Re: My show disappeared from the Roku Channel

It's a new month and a new year. Their license to air it probably expired. It's no different than broadcast/cable TV. Shows come and go as agreements expire.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

Stations like The Roku Channel, Pluto, etc. don't own most of the programming they carry so they must license their programming from the owners.  These licenses cover specified date ranges and specify which geographical regions are covered.  The license contracts expire and unless the contract is renewed, the program must be removed.

It sounds like the contract for your show expired at the end of the year.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
ToyCannon
Level 7

While this is true, Roku usually gives an advance warning when a shoe is disappearing at the end of a month.  They gave no warning at all for Without A Trace.  I too was on Season Five.  I went to watch today, and "poof" it was gone.

0 Kudos
redeye2
Level 8

Three of my shows are suddenly gone.  No explanation.  No warning.  WTH?  

Andromeda, Earth: Final Conflict, and Relic Hunter. It's only been a few days since I was on here.