Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rlalum72
Channel Surfer

My outdoor tv meat eater episodes don’t play

Some episodes of season 1   And a few others in other seasons will not play. When selected the channel freezes and then takes you to the roku main home. Please  do not say delete channel  and reinstall as there is no delete or remove channel feature for the channel. I am using the roku ultra device.  Thx

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My outdoor tv meat eater episodes don’t play

@Rlalum72 

On many of the Subscriptions channels, you must first unsubscribe/cancel your subscription before you can remove the channel from your Roku device.  This is to prevent confusion that used to occur when users simply removed the channel thinking that action alone cancelled their subscription and wondered why they were still being charged.

If you are going this route, as with any channel reinstall, you must Remove the offending channel, Restart your Roku device, and then Reinstall the channel.  (reboot in between removal and reinstall to clear any corrupted cache.)

However, I would first contact myoutdoortv.com at their Support email to inform them of your issues.  The channel developer is the only one that can address the issue if the problem is within the channel itself.  (mailto:support@myoutdoortv.com)

https://app.myoutdoortv.com/faq

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Rlalum72
Channel Surfer

My outdoor tv did mot have any info. I removed the channel, rebooted and added the channel back. The issue is still there.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@Rlalum72  probably an issue with the MyOutdoorTV servers.  You might have to wait until they fix it.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Rlalum72
Channel Surfer

I use to watch the show  thru a subscription through prime and it never did this. I went with adding the channel because they have more seasons than the prime subscription

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Rlalum72 

Sometimes a channel just has a temporary issue with a certain platform.  You can try launching the OutdoorTV app on a mobile device and casting it to your Roku device or your TV directly, if capable.

Other way of course, is to sign-in on their website, play through a laptop, and connect directly to your TV via a HDMI cable. (https://app.myoutdoortv.com/shows/meateater)

Sometimes just have to find an alternative way to stream a desired content when an issue arises.  Many times, just a temporary issue and will resolve on its own without user doing anything.

Rlalum72
Channel Surfer

Got this reply from motv support. They were fast to reply and great to work with on this issue. got a refund and did not ask for one.

We have shared this information with our development team and they are working on an update to the Roku app that we hope will be released next week and will hopefully resolve this issue. 

We have already refunded the monthly payment back to your Roku payment method for this inconvenience. 

We will provide an update as soon as we receive one from our development team. 

Thank you.

MyOutdoorTV Support

AvsGunnar

@Rlalum72 

Good to hear and equally nice to see some good customer service.  Please feel free to update when you learn more regarding the fix if you continue the subscription.

0 Kudos
Rlalum72
Channel Surfer

MOTV channel published  their new build and all is fixed