Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GillianPower
Level 7

My box keeps crashing back to home screen in the middle of watching something

Hi my box keeps crashing back to the home screen when I’m in the middle of watching something, it’s says the internet connection is excellent did anyone experience anything like this before 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: My box keeps crashing back to home screen in the middle of watching something

Hi @GillianPower

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device? If it's just on one channel, the steps below might help. Try giving it a shot.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.

• Note: If you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before you see the Remove channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.

2. Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart

3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

• Note: If you are adding a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you will need to resubscribe.

If you are still experiencing the same issue from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My box keeps crashing back to home screen in the middle of watching something

@GillianPower wrote:

Hi my box keeps crashing back to the home screen when I’m in the middle of watching something, it’s says the internet connection is excellent did anyone experience anything like this before 

If you are powering your Roku by plugging into the USB port on the TV, try powering from house power via the USB power adapter that came with the Roku.

The USB ports on many televisions only supply 0.5 amp or less, which is not enough to power a Roku reliably. Even if a Roku connected this way appears to start up normally, when it runs into an activity that requires more power than the USB port can deliver, something will fail, commonly taking you back to the home screen.

If you don't have the Roku adapter handy, any other you have from another device should work as long as the fine print on it says it outputs at least 1 amp.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

@GillianPower wrote:

You didnt mention your Roku model # and firmware version: Settings/System/About

Known solutions/workarounds for apps not loading:

1) Check for updates: Settings/System/System updates/Check now - try again

2) Change your Theme to the Roku Default: Settings/Theme/Restore default theme - try again

3) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock: Settings/Theme/Screensavers - try again

4) Network connection reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset - try again

5) Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

6) Factory reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory reset <--- last resort

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos