Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Obscure541
Streaming Star

Re: My Roku is adding channels automatically, how can I stop it?

Thanks you and boogernose have been VERY helpful, I think I got from here. If I need any further assistance I can find video tutorials. I just want you both to know I deeply appreciate the help you gave me.

Tanner can delete this thread. I appreciate you 🙂

DorkJedi
Reel Rookie

this is 1000% wrong. never answer questions you do not understand.

Urls are translated in to addresses by DNS services, not search engines. roku.com/activate IS a URL. and DNS will tell you that roku.com is located at a specific address, and the url is telling you to access the subfolder /activate

0 Kudos
clickity
Binge Watcher

Who is Tanner?  This post was not useful.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@clickity

Thanks for the post.

What is the specific issue you are experiencing?

With more detailed information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
clickity
Binge Watcher

The specific problem I have is I have a Roku Ultra 4660 with essentially unlimited memory, and a Roku streaming stick + 3810 with limited memory.  Roku installs the same apps on both devices since they are on the same account.  If I take one off of the account and put it on a different account what will happen?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@clickity

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that Roku channels are linked to your Roku account. If you remove a channel from one device, it will remove the channel from all of the devices that are linked to that Roku account.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Er1
Binge Watcher

The problem is Roku does add channels you never requested and Roku TV's do NOT provide in system information how much memory space is actually available or left after those additions.

I think this may cause issues in that the TV's begin to fail without any notice to the user that space may be an issue.

This is a huge flaw in both the TV's and the ROKU platforms used on the TV's.

They do not afford for adding cards to expand the space used by the apps. Thus it is extremely important  to know how much space is available and when to delete apps you are not really using.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Er1

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that Roku devices will not add channels to your Roku device after the activation process.

Due to the age of this thread, we will be locking this thread. If you are still experiencing an issue related to this thread, please feel free to search the Community for another thread related to your issue, and if no threads currently exist, you are more than welcome to create a new post.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos