Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HBJ13
Reel Rookie

My Roku Express thinks I’m not in the UK

Jump to solution

I have just connected my express & am unable to find any UK channels like iPlayer, ITV HUB, All 4, etc which is the main reason I bought it. I have confirmed that my email account is UK & my IP address is also here, shows up as being in London. I have factory reset & even created a new account with a 2nd UK email address. Please help as I’m getting ready to throw it out the window……..

Many thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Roku Express thinks I’m not in the UK

Jump to solution

Hi @JayDee105,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

After further review, you previously stated that you are located in the UK. The system recognized that your Roku account is set under a different region. If you are using a Roku account that wasn't originated in the region in which you are using your device, you may encounter issues within a channel or a Roku feature missing.

To resolve this, what you need to do is to re-create your Roku account. If you plan on using the same email address. You need to deactivate your Roku account and from there you need to re-activate it. Then link the device again to your account just like you did with the initial setup. 

After ensuring that you are using a UK Roku account, can you verify if you are still experiencing the same issue?

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs as we are committed to finding a solution for this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

1) Make sure you arent using a VPN

2) Some models are location restricted - was this device bought in the UK/from UK retailer?

HBJ13
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks. I’m not using a VPN, I bought it from Amazon UK 2 days ago so I’m confused. No reason why it should think I’m in the USA as far as I can see but it lists all the US channels & is priced in $! Very frustrating!!

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

1)  Re-verify you arent using a VPN (have you ever used one with your current networking setup?)

2)  Verify your browser settings - are you connecting to the US or UK roku.com? 

US=https://www.roku.com

UK=https://www.roku.com/en-gb/

This can be changed at the bottom of the page...

3)  Verify your email address is in fact UK-based

4)  Provide the full model name & number and firmware version:  Settings/System/About 

(Type the provided "Model" and "Software version" information exactly as shown - do not leave anything out)

Otherwise, contact Roku Support:   +44 203 684 1123

and/or message @RokuDanny-R 

HBJ13
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi

Defiantly have never had a VPN on the home network 

I am using the UK site

My email is UK based

Model 3930EU - Roku Express

S/N X004004YANHA

Software Version 10.0.0 build 4209-AE

Device ID S01V314YANHA

IP Address 192.168.10.190

I can connect to Netflix & Disney + which are both UK accounts 

Many thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@HBJ13 

Use the contact info I provided (try calling).

When messaging @RokuDanny-R  make sure you provide him with the same information you just posted.

HBJ131

Jump to solution

Hi

Managed to get through to the HD & they have done it. I had to close my account (hence the new user name), click on the Roku logo in the top left of the page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and change the country from USA to UK. 
many thanks for your help 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Glad its resolved - sounds like it was the browser setting.

0 Kudos
Miamackay1991
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How did u find that as mine won't let me download bbc iplayer or now tv. I bought this as my now tv stick stopped working and was advised by now to get but it isn't working. I'm paying for now but currently not using it 😤😤😤

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Miamackay1991 

First, confirm that you are in the UK.

If so, are you on one of the islands/British Crown Dependencies? Channel Islands have sometimes reported issues with location determination. I think Isle of Man has as well.

Assuming you're not on one of the British Crown Dependencies, are you using a VPN? Using a browser, does your location indicate you are not in the UK?

Is your Roku account set up in the UK? Did you set it up elsewhere and are now in the UK attempting to use it?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos