Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ottomatica
Level 7

My Roku Express started losing my YouTube tv sign in...it's so bad I've reconnected 5 times today

My Roku Express started losing my YouTube tv sign in...it's so bad I've had to reconnect 5 times today
0 Kudos
2 Replies
NinersRule
Level 7

Re: My Roku Express started losing my YouTube tv sign in...it's so bad I've reconnected 5 times toda

I have been having the same problem for the past 3 days.  I have the Roku Premiere.  I read somewhere here to delete the You Tube TV program and reinstall it.  I did that and it worked once and again later on I had to sign in again.  It's frustrating.  I feel like using my old device and give Roku a bad review.

0 Kudos
dsnyderny
Level 7

Re: My Roku Express started losing my YouTube tv sign in...it's so bad I've reconnected 5 times toda

This has been happening for me also. Generally, it forces me to sign-in about every other day. It started about the time there was an update to the YouTube TV app on my Roku. The issue seems to be related to the app update as far as I can tell. I have read that there are multiple other issues with this app update, mostly affecting older Roku devices. Some not working at all. Some increased buffering (which I have also seen). Since it seems to be related to the new app, I don't see how removing and re-installing the app will help. I don't see a way to get back to an older version of the app (it updated automatically).

No response from YouTube TV as I have tried to reach out multiple times. Very frustrating!

0 Kudos